Consumers recall and recognition for brand symbols
Brand Symbols are important for any brand in helping consumers to remember one’s brand at the point of purchase. In advertising different ways are used to grab attention in consumers’ mind and majorly it’s through brand recall and recognition. This research captivates the Brand Symbol concept and determines whether symbols play an important role in creating a differential impact with other brands. Secondly, it also answers that whether brand symbol is the cause of creating positive association and familiarity with the brand. Brand power has prevailed in Pakistan for years now and brand competition is extremely strong in here. As one talks about brands then one has to create a mark able difference in wanting consumers’ attention to purchase. This research is an intriguing answer to brand managers/marketers about the use of brand symbols in their new or existing brands. Questionnaire (18 International brands questions were asked to recall and recognize) was used gather the data from an un-restricted random sampling of 250 consumers using different brands every now and then in Karachi. Gender, age and education are the prime factors in judging the remembrance (recall) and identification (recognition) of the brand symbols. Recall and Recognitions of brand symbols in selection of a brand was tested by applying multiple linear regressions (OLS model). It was found that gender does not play a significant role in the association of recall of brand symbols but gender has an association with brand symbol recognition. For the recall of brand symbols, age plays an important and positive role whereas; education has a negative relation with the recall of brand symbols. Recognition of brand symbols is quite weak as no association has been found with education and age.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms.Amber, 2009.
"A Study On The Association Between Brand Awareness And Consumer/Brand Loyalty For The Packaged Milk Industry In Pakistan,"
21367, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Sep 2009.
- Muhammad Imtiaz Subhani & Amber Osman, 2011. "A Study on the Association between Brand Awareness and Consumer/Brand Loyalty for the Packaged Milk Industry in Pakistan," South Asian Journal of Management Sciences (SAJMS), Iqra University, Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC), Iqra University, vol. 5(1), pages 11-2, Spring.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2011. "A study on the association between brand awareness and consumer/brand loyalty for the packaged milk industry in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 34801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karl Moore & Susan Reid, 2008. "The birth of brand: 4000 years of branding," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(4), pages 419-432.
- Moore, Karl & Reid, Susan, 2008. "The Birth of Brand: 4000 Years of Branding History," MPRA Paper 10169, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:45141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.