Natural Resource Curse and Poverty in Appalachian America
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mark D. Partridge & Michael R. Betz & Linda Lobao, 2013. "Natural Resource Curse and Poverty in Appalachian America," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(2), pages 449-456.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dan Black & Terra McKinnish & Seth Sanders, 2005. "The Economic Impact Of The Coal Boom And Bust," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(503), pages 449-476, April.
- Dorfman, Jeffrey H. & Patridge, Mark D. & Galloway, Hamilton, 2008. "Are High-Tech Employment and Natural Amenities Linked?: Answers from a Smoothed Bayesian Spatial Model," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6459, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bruce Weber & Leif Jensen & Kathleen Miller & Jane Mosley & Monica Fisher, 2005. "A Critical Review of Rural Poverty Literature: Is There Truly a Rural Effect?," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 28(4), pages 381-414, October.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2005. "High-Poverty Nonmetropolitan Counties in America: Can Economic Development Help?," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 28(4), pages 415-440, October.
- James, Alex & Aadland, David, 2011. "The curse of natural resources: An empirical investigation of U.S. counties," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 440-453, May.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2008.
"Distance From Urban Agglomeration Economies And Rural Poverty,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 285-310.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2007. "Distance from Urban Agglomeration Economies and Rural Poverty," Economics Working Paper Series 0705, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- William Levernier & Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2000.
"The Causes of Regional Variations in U.S. Poverty: A Cross-County Analysis,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 473-497.
- Dan Rickman, 1998. "The causes of regional variation in U.S. poverty: A cross-county analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa98p13, European Regional Science Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David A. Fleming & Thomas G. Measham & Dusan Paredes, 2015. "Understanding the resource curse (or blessing) across national and regional scales: Theory, empirical challenges and an application," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 59(4), pages 624-639, October.
- Joseph Marchand, 2015.
"The distributional impacts of an energy boom in Western Canada,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 48(2), pages 714-735, May.
- Marchand, Joseph, 2013. "The Distributional Impacts of an Energy Boom in Western Canada," Working Papers 2013-13, University of Alberta, Department of Economics, revised 01 Oct 2014.
- Marchand, Joseph, 2014. "The Distributional Impacts of an Energy Boom in Western Canada," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2014-28, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 16 Jun 2014.
- Timothy W. Kelsey & Mark D. Partridge & Nancy E. White, 2016.
"Unconventional Gas and Oil Development in the United States: Economic Experience and Policy Issues,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 38(2), pages 191-214.
- Kelsey, Timothy & Partridge, Mark & White, Nancy, 2014. "Unconventional Gas and Oil Development in the United States: Economic Experience and Policy Issues," MPRA Paper 62154, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Betz, Michael R. & Partridge, Mark D. & Farren, Michael & Lobao, Linda, 2015.
"Coal mining, economic development, and the natural resources curse,"
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 105-116.
- Betz, Mike & Farren, Michael & Lobao, Linda & Partridge, Mark D., 2014. "Coal Mining, Economic Development, and the Natural Resource Curse," MPRA Paper 58016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marchand, Joseph & Weber, Jeremy, 2016. "Local Labor Markets and Natural Resources: A Synthesis of the Literature," Working Papers 2016-10, University of Alberta, Department of Economics, revised 24 Jan 2017.
- Douglas, Stratford M. & Walker, Anne, 2012. "Sample Selection in Appalachian Research," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 42(2), pages 143-159, Summer.
More about this item
Keywordsnatural resource curse; poverty; Appalachia;
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2012-05-02 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2012-05-02 (Resource Economics)
- NEP-URE-2012-05-02 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .