Poverty rate and government income transfers: A spatial simultaneous equations approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Caminada, Koen & Goudswaard, Kees & Koster, Ferry, 2010.
"Social Income Transfers and Poverty Alleviation in OECD Countries,"
27345, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Caminada, Koen & Goudswaard, Kees & Koster, Ferry, 2010. "Social income transfers and poverty alleviation in OECD countries," MPRA Paper 20733, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kelejian, Harry H & Prucha, Ingmar R, 1998.
"A Generalized Spatial Two-Stage Least Squares Procedure for Estimating a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 99-121, July.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1997. "A Generalized Spatial Two Stage Least Squares Procedure for Estimating a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances," Electronic Working Papers 97-002, University of Maryland, Department of Economics, revised Aug 1997.
- Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2007. "HAC estimation in a spatial framework," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 131-154, September.
- Bruce Weber & Leif Jensen & Kathleen Miller & Jane Mosley & Monica Fisher, 2005. "A Critical Review of Rural Poverty Literature: Is There Truly a Rural Effect?," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 28(4), pages 381-414, October.
- Hoynes, Hilary Williamson, 1996.
"Welfare Transfers in Two-Parent Families: Labor Supply and Welfare Participation under AFDC-UP,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(2), pages 295-332, March.
- Hilary Hoynes, 1993. "Welfare Transfers in Two-Parent Families: Labor Supply and Welfare Participation Under AFDC-UP," NBER Working Papers 4407, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess & Imran Rasul, 2003. "Benchmarking government provision of social safety nets," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 27870, The World Bank.
- Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2004. "Estimation of simultaneous systems of spatially interrelated cross sectional equations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1-2), pages 27-50.
- Hilary W. Hoynes & Marianne E. Page & Ann Huff Stevens, 2006. "Poverty in America: Trends and Explanations," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 47-68, Winter.
- Gebremeskel H. Gebremariam & Tesfa G. Gebremedhin & Peter V. Schaeffer & Randall W. Jackson, 2008. "A Simultaneous Spatial Panel Data Model of Regional Growth Variation: An Empirical Analysis of Employment, Income, Migration and Local Public Services," Working Papers e07-12, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- John M. Ulimwengu & David S. Kraybill, 2004.
"Poverty over Time and Location: An Examination of Metro-Nonmetro Differences,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1282-1288.
- Ulimwengu, John M. & Kraybill, David S., 2004. "Poverty Over Time And Location: An Examination Of Metro-Nonmetro Differences," Working Papers 18908, Oregon State University, Rural Poverty Research Center (RPRC).
- Schoeni, R.F. & Blank, R.M., 2000.
"What Has Welfare Reform Accomplished? Impacts on Welfare Participation, Employment, Income, Poverty, and Family Structure,"
00-02, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Robert F. Schoeni & Rebecca M. Blank, 2000. "What has Welfare Reform Accomplished? Impacts on Welfare Participation, Employment, Income, Poverty, and Family Structure," NBER Working Papers 7627, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Swallow, Brent M., 2006. "Fractal poverty traps," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Dierk Herzer & Rainer Klump, 2010. "Poverty and government transfers in the United States," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(16), pages 1565-1569.
- Harrell Rodgers, 2005. "Evaluating the Devolution Revolution -super-1," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 22(3), pages 275-299, May.
- Laura A. Reese, 2006. "Not Just Another Determinants Piece: Path Dependency and Local Tax Abatements," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 23(2), pages 491-504, March.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2008.
"Distance From Urban Agglomeration Economies And Rural Poverty,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 285-310.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2007. "Distance from Urban Agglomeration Economies and Rural Poverty," Economics Working Paper Series 0705, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Zeller, Manfred, 1996. "How can safety nets do more with less?," FCND discussion papers 16, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Linda Lobao & David Kraybill, 2009. "Poverty and Local Governments: Economic Development and Community Service Provision in an Era of Decentralization," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 418-451.
- Christopher H. Wheeler, 2001. "A Note on the Spatial Correlation Structure of County-Level Growth in the U.S," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 433-449.
- Jeanty, P. Wilner & Partridge, Mark & Irwin, Elena, 2010. "Estimation of a spatial simultaneous equation model of population migration and housing price dynamics," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 343-352, September.
- Lane Kenworthy, 1998. "Do Social-Welfare Policies Reduce Poverty? A Cross-National Assessment," LIS Working papers 188, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Lung-fei Lee, 2003. "Best Spatial Two-Stage Least Squares Estimators for a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 307-335.
- Lars Osberg, 2000. "Poverty in Canada and the United States: measurement, trends, and implications," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(4), pages 847-877, November.
More about this item
Keywordsendogeneity; income transfer; Poverty; SHAC; spatial econometrics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2011-04-30 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2011-04-30 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1076. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .