Poverty rate and government income transfers: A spatial simultaneous equations approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Caminada, Koen & Goudswaard, Kees & Koster, Ferry, 2010.
"Social Income Transfers and Poverty Alleviation in OECD Countries,"
27345, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Caminada, Koen & Goudswaard, Kees & Koster, Ferry, 2010. "Social income transfers and poverty alleviation in OECD countries," MPRA Paper 20733, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kelejian, Harry H & Prucha, Ingmar R, 1998.
"A Generalized Spatial Two-Stage Least Squares Procedure for Estimating a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 99-121, July.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1997. "A Generalized Spatial Two Stage Least Squares Procedure for Estimating a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances," Electronic Working Papers 97-002, University of Maryland, Department of Economics, revised Aug 1997.
- Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2007. "HAC estimation in a spatial framework," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 131-154, September.
- Bruce Weber & Leif Jensen & Kathleen Miller & Jane Mosley & Monica Fisher, 2005. "A Critical Review of Rural Poverty Literature: Is There Truly a Rural Effect?," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 28(4), pages 381-414, October.
- Hoynes, Hilary Williamson, 1996.
"Welfare Transfers in Two-Parent Families: Labor Supply and Welfare Participation under AFDC-UP,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(2), pages 295-332, March.
- Hilary Hoynes, 1993. "Welfare Transfers in Two-Parent Families: Labor Supply and Welfare Participation Under AFDC-UP," NBER Working Papers 4407, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess & Imran Rasul, 2003. "Benchmarking government provision of social safety nets," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 27870, The World Bank.
- Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2004. "Estimation of simultaneous systems of spatially interrelated cross sectional equations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1-2), pages 27-50.
- Hilary W. Hoynes & Marianne E. Page & Ann Huff Stevens, 2006. "Poverty in America: Trends and Explanations," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 47-68, Winter.
- Gebremeskel H. Gebremariam & Tesfa G. Gebremedhin & Peter V. Schaeffer & Randall W. Jackson, 2008. "A Simultaneous Spatial Panel Data Model of Regional Growth Variation: An Empirical Analysis of Employment, Income, Migration and Local Public Services," Working Papers e07-12, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- John M. Ulimwengu & David S. Kraybill, 2004.
"Poverty over Time and Location: An Examination of Metro-Nonmetro Differences,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1282-1288.
- Ulimwengu, John M. & Kraybill, David S., 2004. "Poverty Over Time And Location: An Examination Of Metro-Nonmetro Differences," Working Papers 18908, Oregon State University, Rural Poverty Research Center (RPRC).
- Schoeni, R.F. & Blank, R.M., 2000.
"What Has Welfare Reform Accomplished? Impacts on Welfare Participation, Employment, Income, Poverty, and Family Structure,"
00-02, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Robert F. Schoeni & Rebecca M. Blank, 2000. "What has Welfare Reform Accomplished? Impacts on Welfare Participation, Employment, Income, Poverty, and Family Structure," NBER Working Papers 7627, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dierk Herzer & Rainer Klump, 2010. "Poverty and government transfers in the United States," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(16), pages 1565-1569.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Swallow, Brent M., 2006. "Fractal poverty traps," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Harrell Rodgers, 2005. "Evaluating the Devolution Revolution -super-1," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 22(3), pages 275-299, May.
- Laura A. Reese, 2006. "Not Just Another Determinants Piece: Path Dependency and Local Tax Abatements," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 23(2), pages 491-504, March.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2008.
"Distance From Urban Agglomeration Economies And Rural Poverty,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 285-310.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2007. "Distance from Urban Agglomeration Economies and Rural Poverty," Economics Working Paper Series 0705, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Zeller, Manfred, 1996. "How can safety nets do more with less?," FCND discussion papers 16, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Linda Lobao & David Kraybill, 2009. "Poverty and Local Governments: Economic Development and Community Service Provision in an Era of Decentralization," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 418-451.
- Christopher H. Wheeler, 2001. "A Note on the Spatial Correlation Structure of County-Level Growth in the U.S," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 433-449.
- Jeanty, P. Wilner & Partridge, Mark & Irwin, Elena, 2010. "Estimation of a spatial simultaneous equation model of population migration and housing price dynamics," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 343-352, September.
- Lane Kenworthy, 1998. "Do Social-Welfare Policies Reduce Poverty? A Cross-National Assessment," LIS Working papers 188, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Lung-fei Lee, 2003. "Best Spatial Two-Stage Least Squares Estimators for a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 307-335.
- Lars Osberg, 2000. "Poverty in Canada and the United States: measurement, trends, and implications," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(4), pages 847-877, November.
More about this item
Keywordsendogeneity; income transfer; Poverty; SHAC; spatial econometrics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2011-04-30 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2011-04-30 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1076. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.