Equity mutual funds performance in Pakistan: risk & return analysis
The purpose of this study is to find the performance of the Pakistani mutual fund industry. The performance of these funds can be considered to be very good relative to the market portfolio. This research study is focused on Secondary source of data. Analysis apply will require to investigate the related matters of research, which includes the related data of profitability ratios comprising of 12 Asset management companies (AMCs) annual reports in different time period from 1999 to 2009 using yearly returns of the different Mutual Funds. The multiple regression method is used in this paper for the performance of the funds. The results of this research explain that Market Portfolio (MP), Pakistan Investment Bonds (PIBs) are having positive and significant impact on Yearly Return (YR) of different Mutual Funds but dividends (DIV) is having negative and insignificant impact on yearly return of mutual funds, so it is recommended that it is still in early days of mutual funds in Pakistani market. The dividend had always a negative impact on the yearly returns (YR) of mutual funds because the Net Asset Value (NAV) is decreasing after giving dividend at the end of the fiscal year. This study will also add to the body of knowledge as it can be a useful reference to other researchers who are keen to carry out studies on the performance of other types of Mutual Funds in Pakistan.
|Date of creation:||13 Aug 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Livingston, Miles & O'Neal, Edward S, 1998. "The Cost of Mutual Fund Distribution Fees," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 21(2), pages 205-18, Summer.
- William F. Sharpe, 1965. "Mutual Fund Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39, pages 119.
- Dahlquist, Magnus & Engström, Stefan & Söderlind, Paul, 2000.
"Performance and Characteristics of Swedish Mutual Funds,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(03), pages 409-423, September.
- Dahlquist, Magnus & Engström, Stefan & Söderlind, Paul, 1999. "Performance and Characteristics of Swedish Mutual Funds," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 312, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 25 Nov 1999.
- Timo P. Korkeamaki & Thomas I. Smythe, 2004. "Effects of Market Segmentation and Bank Concentration on Mutual Fund Expenses and Returns: Evidence from Finland," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 10(3), pages 413-438.
- Ippolito, Richard A, 1992. "Consumer Reaction to Measures of Poor Quality: Evidence from the Mutual Fund Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(1), pages 45-70, April.
- McLeod, Robert W & Malhotra, D K, 1994. "A Re-examination of the Effect of 12B-1 Plans on Mutual Fund Expense Ratios," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 17(2), pages 231-40, Summer.
- David R. Gallagher, 2003. "Investment manager characteristics, strategy, top management changes and fund performance," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 43(3), pages 283-309.
- Syed ali, Raza & Syed tehseen, jawaid & Imtiaz, arif & Fahim, qazi, 2011. "Validity of capital asset pricing model: evidence from Karachi stock exchange," MPRA Paper 32737, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elton, Edwin J, et al, 1993. "Efficiency with Costly Information: A Reinterpretation of Evidence from Managed Portfolios," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(1), pages 1-22.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36804. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.