The optimal lifetime of assets under uncertainty in the rate of embodied technical change
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- George C. Bitros, 2008. "The Optimal Lifetime Of Assets Under Uncertainty In The Rate Of Embodied Technical Change," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(2), pages 173-188, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Morton I. Kamien & Nancy L. Schwartz, 1971. "Optimal Maintenance and Sale Age for a Machine Subject to Failure," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(8), pages 495-504, April.
- Georgios Bitros, 2005. "Some Novel Implications of Replacemnt and Scrapping," Macroeconomics 0504029, EconWPA.
- Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel, 1978. "Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications (I): The Theory of Production," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, volume 1, number fuss1978.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- George Bitros, 2008. "Why the structure of capital and the useful lives of its components matter: A test based on a model of Austrian descent," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 21(4), pages 301-328, December.
- Dimitrios Koumparoulis, 2011. "The Proportionality Hypothesis in Capital Theory: an Assessment of the Literature," EuroEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 27, pages 27-39, February.
- Bitros, George C. & Nadiri, M. Ishaq, 2017. "Elasticities of Business Investment in the U.S. and their Policy Implications: A Disaggregate Approach to Modeling and Estimation," MPRA Paper 80091, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bitros, George C., 2016. "A theory of maintenance expenditures tested on automobile data from Greece," MPRA Paper 70820, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- George Bitros, 2010. "The theorem of proportionality in contemporary capital theory: An assessment of its conceptual foundations," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 23(4), pages 367-401, December.
- Bitros, George C., 2009. "The Theorem of Proportionality in Mainstream Capital Theory: An Assessment of its Applicability," MPRA Paper 17821, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsservice life; replacement; scrapping; embodied technical change; uncertainty;
- O22 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Project Analysis
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-23 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:3620. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .