The Theorem of Proportionality in Mainstream Capital Theory: An Assessment of its Applicability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Biorn, E., 1992. "Concave Survival and Efficiency Curves for Capital and the Form of Age- Price Profiles," Memorandum 06/1992, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- George C. Bitros, 2008.
"The Optimal Lifetime Of Assets Under Uncertainty In The Rate Of Embodied Technical Change,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(2), pages 173-188, May.
- Bitros, George C., 2007. "The optimal lifetime of assets under uncertainty in the rate of embodied technical change," MPRA Paper 3620, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bitros, George C, 1976. "A Statistical Theory of Expenditures in Capital Maintenance and Repair," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(5), pages 917-936, October.
- Bitros, George C & Kelejian, Harry H, 1974. "On the Variability of the Replacement Investment Capital Stock Ratio: Some Evidence from Capital Scrappage," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(3), pages 270-278, August.
- Bitros, George C., 2009. "The Theorem of Proportionality in Mainstream Capital Theory: An Assessment of its Conceptual Foundations," MPRA Paper 17436, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barnhart, Scott W. & Miller, Edward M., 1990. "Problems in the estimation of equations containing perpetual inventory measured capital," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 637-651.
- Erik BiÛrn, 1998. "Survival and efficiency curves for capital and the time-age-profile of vintage prices," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 611-633.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital longevity; replacement; depreciation; scrappage; maintenance; utilization; obsolescence;
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17821. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.