The competition between coal and natural gas the importance of sunk costs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joskow, Paul L & Schmalensee, Richard, 1987.
"The Performance of Coal-Burning Electric Generating Units in the United States: 1960-1980,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(2), pages 85-109, April.
- Paul L. Joskow & Richard Schmalensee, 1985. "The Performance of Coal-Burning Electric Generating Units in the United States: 1960-1980," Working papers 379, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Paul L. Joskow, 1987. "Productivity Growth and Technical Change in the Generation of Electricity," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 17-38.
- Cowing, Thomas G & Smith, V Kerry, 1977. "A Note on the Variability of the Replacement Investment Capital Stock Ratio," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 59(2), pages 238-243, May.
- Bitros, George C & Kelejian, Harry H, 1974. "On the Variability of the Replacement Investment Capital Stock Ratio: Some Evidence from Capital Scrappage," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(3), pages 270-278, August.
- Paul Joskow & Nancy L. Rose, 1985. "The Effects of Technological Change, Experience, and Environmental Regulation on the Construction Cost of Coal-Burning Generating Units," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(1), pages 1-17, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michielsen, Thomas O., 2014. "Brown backstops versus the green paradox," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 87-110.
- Lata Gangadharan & Rachel Croson & Alex Farrell, 2013.
"Investment decisions and emissions reductions: results from experiments in emissions trading,"
Chapters,in: Handbook on Experimental Economics and the Environment, chapter 8, pages 233-264
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- L. Gangadharan & A. Farrell & R. Croson, 2005. "Investment Decisions and Emissions Reductions : Results from Experiments in Emissions Trading," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 942, The University of Melbourne.
- Johnson, Timothy L. & Keith, David W., 2004. "Fossil electricity and CO2 sequestration: how natural gas prices, initial conditions and retrofits determine the cost of controlling CO2 emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 367-382, February.
- Berglund, Christer & Soderholm, Patrik, 2006. "Modeling technical change in energy system analysis: analyzing the introduction of learning-by-doing in bottom-up energy models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 1344-1356, August.
- Söderholm, Patrik & Strömberg, Lars, 2003. "A utility-eye view of the CO2 compliance-decision process in the European power-sector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(3-4), pages 183-192, July.
- Soderholm, Patrik, 2000. "Fuel flexibility in the West European power sector," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 157-170, September.
- Maung, Thein A., 2006. "Market Penetration of Biomass Fuels for Electricity Generation," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21377, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Braden, J. B. & Kolstad, C. D. & Woock, R. A. & Machado, J. A., 2001. "Is coal desulphurisation worthwhile? Evidence from the market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 217-225, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:22:y:1996:i:1-2:p:33-42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.