Imposing regional monotonicity on translog stochastic production frontiers with a simple three-step procedure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- O'Donnell, Christopher J. & Coelli, Timothy J., 2005.
"A Bayesian approach to imposing curvature on distance functions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, pages 493-523.
- Tim J. Coelli & Chris O'Donnell, 2003. "A Bayesian Approach To Imposing Curvature On Distance Functions," CEPA Working Papers Series WP032003, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Raushan Bokusheva & Heinrich Hockmann, 2006.
"Production risk and technical inefficiency in Russian agriculture,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, pages 93-118.
- Bokusheva, Raushan & Hockmann, Heinrich, 2005. "Production Risk and Technical Inefficiency in Russian Agriculture," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24610, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- A. P. Barten & T. Kloek & F. B. Lempers, 1969.
"A Note on a Class of Utility and Production Functions Yielding Everywhere Differentiable Demand Functions,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 36(1), pages 109-111.
- BARTEN, Anton P. & KLOEK, Teun & LEMPERS, Fred B., 1969. "A note on a class of utility and production functions yielding everywhere differentiable demand functions," CORE Discussion Papers RP 29, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Johannes Sauer & Klaus Frohberg & Henrich Hockmann, 2006. "Stochastic efficiency measurement: The curse of theoretical consistency," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 9, pages 139-166, May.
- Koebel, Bertrand & Falk, Martin & Laisney, Francois, 2003. "Imposing and Testing Curvature Conditions on a Box-Cox Cost Function," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(2), pages 319-335, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kellermann, Magnus A., 2015. "Total Factor Productivity Decomposition and Unobserved Heterogeneity in Stochastic Frontier Models," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 44(1), April.
- Christian H.C.A. Henning & Géraldine Henningsen & Arne Henningsen, 2012.
"Networks and Transaction Costs,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, pages 377-385.
- Henning, Christian H.C.A. & Henningsen, Geraldine & Henningsen, Arne, 2011. "Networks and Transaction Costs," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114549, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mengistu Assefa Wendimu & Arne Henningsen & Tomasz Gerard Czekaj, 2017.
"Incentives and moral hazard: plot level productivity of factory-operated and outgrower-operated sugarcane production in Ethiopia,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, pages 549-560.
- Mengistu Assefa Wendimu & Arne Henningsen & Tomasz Gerard Czekaj, 2015. "Incentives and Moral Hazard: Plot Level Productivity of Factory-Operated and Outgrower-Operated Sugarcane Production in Ethiopia," IFRO Working Paper 2015/02, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Wedimu, Mengistu A. & Henningsen, Arne & Czekaj, Tomasz G., 2015. "Incentives and Moral Hazard: Plot Level Productivity of Factory-Operated and Outgrower-Operated Sugarcane Production in Ethiopia," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211900, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Araujo, Jair Andrade & Feitosa, Débora Gaspar & Silva, Almir Bittencourt da, 2014. "Latin America: Total factor productivity and its components," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- repec:kap:jproda:v:47:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11123-017-0496-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arne Henningsen & Tomasz Gerard Czekaj & Björn Forkman & Mogens Lund & Aske Schou Nielsen, 2016. "The relationship between animal welfare and economic performance at farm level: A quantitative study of Danish pig producers," IFRO Working Paper 2016/05, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Mugera, Amin W. & Langemeier, Michael R. & Featherstone, Allen M., 2010. "Do Theoretical Restrictions Matter for the Translog Stochastic Production Function? Evidence from the Kansas Farm Sector," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61582, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kai Sun, 2015. "Constrained nonparametric estimation of input distance function," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, pages 85-97.
- repec:spr:envpol:v:19:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10018-016-0176-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Kopp, Thomas & Bümmer, Bernhard, 2015. "Moving rubber to a better place - and extracting rents from credit constrained farmers along the way," EFForTS Discussion Paper Series 9, University of Goettingen, Collaborative Research Centre 990 "EFForTS, Ecological and Socioeconomic Functions of Tropical Lowland Rainforest Transformation Systems (Sumatra, Indonesia)".
- Valeria Cosmo, 2013. "Ownership, Scale Economies and Efficiency in the Italian Water Sector," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 399-415, September.
- Jakob Vesterlund Olsen & Arne Henningsen, 2011. "Investment Utilisation, Adjustment Costs, and Technical Efficiency in Danish Pig Farms," IFRO Working Paper 2011/13, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Nchinda, Valentine P. & Villano, Renato A. & Hadley, David & Morales, Emilio L., 2016. "Performance of smallholder minisett seed yam farm enterprises in Cameroon," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(4), December.
- Czekaj, Tomasz G., 2015. "Measuring the Technical Efficiency of Farms Producing Environmental Output: Semiparametric Estimation of Multi-output Stochastic Ray Production Frontiers," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211555, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Cuihong Fan & Byoung Jun & Elmar Wolfstetter, 2014.
"Licensing a common value innovation when signaling strength may backfire,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer;Game Theory Society, pages 215-244.
- Fan, Cuihong & Jun, Byoung Heon & Wolfstetter, Elmar G., 2010. "Licensing a common value innovation when signaling strength may backfire," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 292, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Alexandre Repkine, 2010. "The Estimation of Meta-Frontiers by Constrained Maximum Likelihood," Discussion Paper Series 1011, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- A. Wondemu Kifle, 2016. "Working Paper 237 - Decomposing Sources of Productivity Change in Small-Scale Farming in Ethiopia," Working Paper Series 2332, African Development Bank.
- Tomasz Gerard Czekaj, 2013. "Measuring the Technical Efficiency of Farms Producing Environmental Output: Parametric and Semiparametric Estimation of Multi-output Stochastic Ray Production Frontiers," IFRO Working Paper 2013/21, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Lee, Chia-Yen & Johnson, Andrew L. & Moreno-Centeno, Erick & Kuosmanen, Timo, 2013. "A more efficient algorithm for Convex Nonparametric Least Squares," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 227(2), pages 391-400.
More about this item
KeywordsStochastic frontier analysis; Theoretical consistency; Monotonicity; Minimum distance estimation; Translog; C51; D24;
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:32:y:2009:i:3:p:217-229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.