Measuring the effects of monetary policy in Pakistan: A factor augmented vector autoregressive approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kashif Munir & Abdul Qayyum, 2014. "Measuring the effects of monetary policy in Pakistan: a factor-augmented vector autoregressive approach," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 843-864, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mahmood-ul-Hasan Khan, 2008.
"Short Run Effects of an Unanticipated Change in Monetary Policy: Interpreting Macroeconomic Dynamics in Pakistan,"
SBP Research Bulletin,
State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department, vol. 4, pages 1-30.
- Mahmood ul Hasan Khan, 2008. "Short-Run Effects of an Unanticipated Change in Monetary Policy: Interpreting Macroeconomic Dynamics in Pakistan," SBP Working Paper Series 22, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Jon Faust & John H. Rogers & Eric Swanson & Jonathan H. Wright, 2003.
"Identifying the Effects of Monetary Policy Shocks on Exchange Rates Using High Frequency Data,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(5), pages 1031-1057, September.
- Jon Faust & John H. Rogers & Eric T. Swanson & Jonathan H. Wright, 2002. "Identifying the effects of monetary policy shocks on exchange rates using high frequency data," International Finance Discussion Papers 739, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jon Faust & John H. Rogers & Eric Swanson & Jonathan H. Wright, 2003. "Identifying the Effects of Monetary Policy Shocks on Exchange Rates Using High Frequency Data," NBER Working Papers 9660, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Faust, Jon & Rogers, John H. & Swanson, Eric & Wright, Jonathan H., 2002. "Identifying the effects of monetary policy shocks on exchange rates using high frequency data," Working Paper Series 0167, European Central Bank.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2002.
"Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 191-221, January.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2000. "Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1504, Econometric Society.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2000. "Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 440, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jörg Breitung & Sandra Eickmeier, 2006. "Dynamic factor models," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 90(1), pages 27-42, March.
- Bernanke, Ben S & Blinder, Alan S, 1992.
"The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transmission,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 901-921, September.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Alan S. Blinder, 1989. "The federal funds rate and the channels of monetary transmission," Working Papers 89-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ben Bernanke, 1990. "The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transnission," NBER Working Papers 3487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alain Kabundi & Nonhlanhla Ngwenya, 2011. "Assessing Monetary Policy In South Africa In A Data‐Rich Environment," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 79(1), pages 91-107, March.
- Sims, Christopher A., 1992.
"Interpreting the macroeconomic time series facts : The effects of monetary policy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 975-1000, June.
- Christopher A. Sims, 1992. "Interpreting the Macroeconomic Time Series Facts: The Effects of Monetary Policy," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1011, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Boivin, Jean, 2003. "Monetary policy in a data-rich environment," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 525-546, April.
- Bagliano, Fabio C. & Favero, Carlo A., 1998.
"Measuring monetary policy with VAR models: An evaluation,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1069-1112, June.
- Fabio C. Bagliano & Carlo A. Favero, "undated". "Measuring Monetary Policy with VAR Models: an Evaluation," Working Papers 132, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Bagliano, Fabio-Cesare & Favero, Carlo A., 1997. "Measuring Monetary Policy with VAR Models: An Evaluation," CEPR Discussion Papers 1743, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carl E. Walsh, 2010. "Monetary Theory and Policy, Third Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 3, volume 1, number 0262013770, January.
- Muhammad Sadiq Ansari, 2007. "An Empirical Investigation of Cost Efficiency in the Banking Sector of Pakistan," SBP Research Bulletin, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department, vol. 3, pages 209-231.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Jean Boivin & Piotr Eliasz, 2005. "Measuring the Effects of Monetary Policy: A Factor-Augmented Vector Autoregressive (FAVAR) Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 120(1), pages 387-422.
- Bénédicte Vidaillet & V. D'Estaintot & P. Abécassis, 2005. "Introduction," Post-Print hal-00287137, HAL.
- Gianluca Lagana & Andrew Mountford, 2005. "Measuring Monetary Policy In The Uk: A Factor-Augmented Vector Autoregression Model Approach," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 73(s1), pages 77-98, September.
- Peersman, Gert & Smets, Frank, 2001. "The monetary transmission mechanism in the euro area: more evidence from VAR analysis," Working Paper Series 0091, European Central Bank.
- Muhammad Javid & Kashif Munir, 2010.
"The Price Puzzle and Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanism in Pakistan: Structural Vector Autoregressive Approach,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 49(4), pages 449-460.
- Javid, Muhammad & Munir, Kashif, 2011. "The price puzzle and monetary policy transmission mechanism in Pakistan: Structural vector autoregressive approach," MPRA Paper 30670, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 2002. "Macroeconomic Forecasting Using Diffusion Indexes," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(2), pages 147-162, April.
- Masahiko Shibamoto, 2007. "An Analysis Of Monetary Policy Shocks In Japan: A Factor Augmented Vector Autoregressive Approach," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 58(4), pages 484-503.
- Blaes, Barno, 2009. "Money and monetary policy transmission in the euro area: evidence from FAVAR- and VAR approaches," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2009,18, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Miyao, Ryuzo, 2002. "The Effects of Monetary Policy in Japan," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(2), pages 376-392, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arikan, Cengiz & Yalcin, Yeliz, 2017. "Do The Countries’ Monetary Policies Have Spatial Impact?," MPRA Paper 83407, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary Policy; VAR; FAVAR;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:35976. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .