The theorem of existence of the ruptures in probability scale and the basic question of insurance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David M. Cutler & Amy Finkelstein & Kathleen McGarry, 2008.
"Preference Heterogeneity and Insurance Markets: Explaining a Puzzle of Insurance,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 157-162, May.
- Cutler, David & McGarry, Kathleen & Finkelstein, Amy, 2008. "Preference Heterogeneity and Insurance Markets: Explaining a Puzzle of Insurance," Scholarly Articles 2640581, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- David M. Cutler & Amy Finkelstein & Kathleen McGarry, 2008. "Preference Heterogeneity and Insurance Markets: Explaining a Puzzle of Insurance," NBER Working Papers 13746, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Winter, Ralph A, 1991. "Solvency Regulation and the Property-Liability "Insurance Cycle."," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(3), pages 458-471, July.
- Emilio C. Venezian, 2006. "The use of spectral analysis in insurance cycle research," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 177-188, March.
More about this item
Keywordsinsurance; underwriting; probability; uncertainty; dispersion;
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34780. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.