The theorem of existence of the ruptures in probability scale and the basic question of insurance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David M. Cutler & Amy Finkelstein & Kathleen McGarry, 2008.
"Preference Heterogeneity and Insurance Markets: Explaining a Puzzle of Insurance,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 157-162, May.
- Cutler, David & McGarry, Kathleen & Finkelstein, Amy, 2008. "Preference Heterogeneity and Insurance Markets: Explaining a Puzzle of Insurance," Scholarly Articles 2640581, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- David M. Cutler & Amy Finkelstein & Kathleen McGarry, 2008. "Preference Heterogeneity and Insurance Markets: Explaining a Puzzle of Insurance," NBER Working Papers 13746, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Winter, Ralph A, 1991. "Solvency Regulation and the Property-Liability "Insurance Cycle."," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(3), pages 458-471, July.
- Emilio C. Venezian, 2006. "The use of spectral analysis in insurance cycle research," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 177-188, March.
More about this item
Keywordsinsurance; underwriting; probability; uncertainty; dispersion;
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34780. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .