A spatial model based on the endogenous growth theory for Portugal. Another approach
We built a model analyzing, through cross-section estimation methods, the influence of spatial effects in the conditional product convergence in the parishes’ economies of mainland Portugal between 1991 and 2001 (the last year with data available for this spatial disaggregation level). Taking into account the estimation results, it is stated that there are not indications of convergence (the population is in the littoral of Portugal) and it can be seen that spatial spillover effects, spatial lag (capturing spatial autocorrelation through a spatially lagged dependent variable) and spatial error (capturing spatial autocorrelation through a spatially lagged error term) condition the convergence of product of Portuguese parishes in the period under consideration.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johan Lundberg, 2006.
"Using spatial econometrics to analyse local growth in Sweden,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 303-316.
- Johan Lundberg, 2004. "Using Spatial Econometrics to Analyze Local Growth in Sweden," ERSA conference papers ersa04p25, European Regional Science Association.
- Florax, Raymond J. G. M. & Folmer, Hendrik & Rey, Sergio J., 2003.
"Specification searches in spatial econometrics: the relevance of Hendry's methodology,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 557-579, September.
- Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Hendrik Folmer & Sergio J. Rey, 2002. "Specification Searches in Spatial Econometrics: The Relevance of Hendry's Methodology," Urban/Regional 0202001, EconWPA.
- Maria Abreu & Henride Groot & Raymond Florax, 2004.
"Spatial Patterns of Technology Diffusion: An Empirical Analysis Using TFP,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa04p425, European Regional Science Association.
- Maria Abreu & Henri L.F. de Groot & Raymond J.G.M. Florax, 2004. "Spatial Patterns of Technology Diffusion: An Empirical Analysis using TFP," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-079/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Giuseppe Arbia & Gianfranco Piras, 2004.
"Convergence in per-capita GDP across European regions using panel data models extended to spatial autocorrelation effects,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa04p524, European Regional Science Association.
- Giuseppe Arbia & Gianfranco Piras, 2005. "Convergence in per-capita GDP across European regions using panel data models extended to spatial autocorrelation effects," ISAE Working Papers 51, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Luc Anselin, 2010. "Thirty years of spatial econometrics," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(1), pages 3-25, 03.
- Bernard Fingleton, 2001. "Equilibrium and Economic Growth: Spatial Econometric Models and Simulations," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 117-147.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.