The need for revised resolution regimes and supervisory arrangements
In October 2010, having drawn crucial lessons fom the Financial Crisis which was triggered in 2007, and whose impact was still evident at the time, the Financial Stability Board Recommendations on systemically important financial institutions „called for an assessment, on the basis of the BCBS Recommendations and the draft FSB Key Attributes of Effective Resolution Regimes (FSB Key Attributes), of national authorities’ capacity to resolve SIFIs under existing resolution regimes and of the legislative and other changes to national resolution regimes and policies needed to accomplish effective resolution.“ As well as attempting to highlight why much greater initiatives and efforts are required in relation to exit mechanisms for failing banks – that is, greater initiatives and efforts than prudential aspects of regulation which embrace capital adequacy procedures, this paper also draws attention to vital steps that could be taken at international level to make cross-border resolutions more effective.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Taylor & Marc Quintyn & Eva H. G. HÃ¼pkes, 2005. "The Accountability of Financial Sector Supervisors: Principles and Practice," IMF Working Papers 05/51, International Monetary Fund.
- Dirk Schoenmaker, 1992. "Institutional Separation between Supervisory and Monetary Agencies," FMG Special Papers sp52, Financial Markets Group.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2008.
"The first global financial crisis of the 21st century: Introduction,"
13288, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Felton, Andrew & Reinhart, Carmen M. (ed.), 2009. "The First Global Financial Crisis of the 21st Century Part II: June–December, 2008," Vox eBooks, Centre for Economic Policy Research, number p199.
- Felton, Andrew & Reinhart, Carmen M. (ed.), 2008. "The First Global Financial Crisis of the 21st Century Part I: August 2007-May 2008," Vox eBooks, Centre for Economic Policy Research, number p187.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Felton, Andrew, 2008. "The First Global Financial Crisis of the 21st Century," MPRA Paper 11862, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Felton, Andrew, 2009. "The first global financial crisis of the 21st century: Part II, June-December, 2008," MPRA Paper 13604, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Felton, Andrew, 2009. "The first global financial crisis of the 21st century,Part II: Introduction," MPRA Paper 13607, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33674. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.