Impactos regionales de las remesas en el crecimiento económico de México
[Regional impacts of remittances on the economic growth of Mexico]
The study relates the economic liberalization of the Mexican economy and the expansion of remittances inflows with regional economic growth in Mexico. A convergence non-linear econometric model was specified using the degree of economic openness and remittances as the conditional variables. The results showed that some regions have experienced a rapid growth of per capita remittances. However this variable does not presented a statistically significant coefficient. On the other hand, variables reflecting economic liberalization exhibited a positive effect on regional growth.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:||Sep 2006|
|Publication status:||Published in Papeles de Población 50.1(2006): pp. 197-221|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Griffin, Keith, 1976. "On the emigration of the peasantry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 4(5), pages 353-361, May.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier X, 1996.
"The Classical Approach to Convergence Analysis,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(437), pages 1019-1036, July.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1995. "The Classical Approach to Convergence Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 1254, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sala-i-martin, X., 1995. "The Classical Approach to Convergence Analysis," Papers 734, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1995. "The classical approach to convergence analysis," Economics Working Papers 117, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1986. "Remittances and Inequality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(383), pages 722-740, September.
- Krugman, Paul, 1988. "La nueva teoría del comercio internacional y los países menos desarrollados," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(217), pages 41-66, enero-mar.
- Stark, Oded & Levhari, David, 1982. "On Migration and Risk in LDCs," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(1), pages 191-196, October.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J. Edward & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1988. "Migration, remittances and inequality : A sensitivity analysis using the extended Gini index," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 309-322, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:3331. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.