The provision of public universal health insurance: impacts on private insurance, asset holdings and welfare
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hsu, Minchung & Lee, Junsang, 2013. "The Provision Of Public Universal Health Insurance: Impacts On Private Insurance, Asset Holdings, And Welfare," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(06), pages 1252-1280, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Heathcote, 2005.
"Fiscal Policy with Heterogeneous Agents and Incomplete Markets,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 72(1), pages 161-188.
- Heathcote, Jonathan, 1999. "Fiscal Policy with Heterogeneous Agents and Incomplete Markets," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 319, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 28 Jul 1999.
- Jonathan Heathcote, 2003. "Fiscal Policy with Heterogeneous Agents and Incomplete Markets," Working Papers gueconwpa~03-03-23, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Heathcote, Jonathan, 2001. "Fiscal Policy with Heterogeneous Agents and Incomplete Markets," Working Papers 01-03, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Hansen, Gary D & Imrohoroglu, Ayse, 1992.
"The Role of Unemployment Insurance in an Economy with Liquidity Constraints and Moral Hazard,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(1), pages 118-142, February.
- Gary D. Hansen & Ayse Imrohoroglu, 1990. "The Role of Unemployment Insurance in an Economy with Liquidity Constraints and Moral Hazard," UCLA Economics Working Papers 583, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Hansen, G.D. & Imrohoroglu, A., 1990. "The Role Of Unemployment Insurance In An Economy With Liquidity Constraints And Moral Hazard," Papers 21, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
- Storesletten, Kjetil & Telmer, Chris I. & Yaron, Amir, 1999.
"The risk-sharing implications of alternative social security arrangements,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 213-259, June.
- Kjetil Storesletten & Chris Telmer & Amir Yaron, 1998. "The risk sharing implications of alternative social security arrangements," GSIA Working Papers 252, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Jeske, Karsten & Kitao, Sagiri, 2009.
"U.S. tax policy and health insurance demand: Can a regressive policy improve welfare?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 210-221, March.
- Karsten Jeske & Sagiri Kitao, 2007. "U.S. tax policy and health insurance demand: can a regressive policy improve welfare?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2007-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Orazio Attanasio & Sagiri Kitao & Giovanni L. Violante, 2010. "Financing Medicare: A General Equilibrium Analysis," NBER Chapters,in: Demography and the Economy, pages 333-366 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Huggett & Gustavo Ventura, 1999.
"On the Distributional Effects of Social Security Reform,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 2(3), pages 498-531, July.
- Hugett, M. & Ventura, G., 1997. "On the Distributional Effects of Social Security Reform," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9710, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Mark Huggett & Gustavo Ventura, 1998. "On the Distributional Effects of Social Security Reform," Working Papers 9801, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- David Domeij & Jonathan Heathcote, 2004. "On The Distributional Effects Of Reducing Capital Taxes," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(2), pages 523-554, May.
- Shinichi Nishiyama & Kent Smetters, 2005. "Consumption Taxes and Economic Efficiency with Idiosyncratic Wage Shocks," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(5), pages 1088-1115, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pashchenko, Svetlana & Porapakkarm, Ponpoje, 2010.
"Quantitative Analysis of Health Insurance Reform: Separating Community Rating from Income Redistribution,"
26158, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ponpoje Porapakkarm & Svetlana Pashchenko, 2011. "Quantitative Analysis of Health Insurance Reform: Separating Community Rating from Income Redistribution," 2011 Meeting Papers 1254, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Shuyun May Li, Solmaz Moslehi, Siew Ling Yew, 2012.
"Public-Private Mix of Health Expenditure: A Political Economy Approach and A Quantitative Exercise,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
1157, The University of Melbourne.
- Shuyun May Li & Solmaz Moslehi & Siew Ling Yew, 2012. "Public-Private Mix of Health Expenditure: A Political Economy Approach and A Quantitative Exercise," Monash Economics Working Papers 11-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Lim Kyoung Mook, 2016. "Public provision of health insurance and welfare," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(2), pages 439-483, June.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:126-153 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ferreira, Pedro Cavalcanti & Gomes, Diego B.P., 2017.
"Health care reform or more affordable health care?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 126-153.
- Ferreira, Pedro Cavalcanti & Gomes, Diego Braz Pereira, 2016. "Health Care Reform or More Affordable Health Care?," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 780, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
More about this item
Keywordsuniversal health insurance; complementary/supplemental health insurance;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2011-09-05 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2011-09-05 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2011-09-05 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:32974. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .