L’Inégalité de Pauvreté Au Cameroun : Une Analyse Empirique à L’aide de la décomposition en sous-groupes de Dagum
[Inequality of poverty in Cameroon: A Dagum sub-group decomposition analysis]
From a multidimensional analysis of poverty which enables us, through the use of technique of fuzzy sets, to construct a poverty indicator in this perspective in Cameroon, we analyse the poverty gaps in our country by making use of the Dagum sub-group decomposition (1997) which breaks down the Gini index into three components. Poverty analysis revealed that education and housing contribute more to the national poverty. The Gini poverty index obtained is 0.188736, and its decomposition revealed that intergroup inequalities contribute most to the overall inequality. This indicates that the poverty gap is wider between the groups.
|Date of creation:||24 Aug 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C. Chameni Nembua, 2005. "A three components subgroup decomposition of the Hirschman-Herfindahl index and household's income inequalities in Cameroon," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(15), pages 941-947.
- Stéphane Mussard & Pi Alperin María Noel, 2005. "Multidimensional Decomposition Of Poverty: A Fuzzy Set Approach," Cahiers de recherche 05-08, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- C. Chameni Nembua, 2008. "The 'natural' bidimensional decomposition of inequality indices: evaluating factor contributions to households welfare inequality in Cameroon, 1996-2001," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(12), pages 963-970.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-231, March.
- Costa, Michele, 2002. "A multidimensional approach to the measurement of poverty," IRISS Working Paper Series 2002-05, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:32966. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.