Report NEP-AFR-2011-09-05This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Khadiagala, Gilbert M., 2011. "Institution Building for African Regionalism," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 85, Asian Development Bank.
- Padraig Carmody, 2011. "The Informationalization of Poverty in Africa?Information and Communication Technologies and Economic Structure," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp370, IIIS.
- Moulin, Bertrand, 2011. "Microfinance investment vehicles in Sub-Saharan Africa: constraints and potentials," MPRA Paper 32967, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rao, Elizaphan J.O. & Brümmer, Bernhard & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Farmer Participation in Supermarket Channels, Production Technology, and Efficiency: The Case of Vegetables in Kenya," Discussion Papers 113508, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Shipekesa, Arthur M. & Jayne, Thomas S., 2011. "Why Are Zambian Farmers Not Harvesting All Their Maize?," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 113647, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Seema Narayan, 2011. "The inflation-output nexus:empirical evidence from India, Brazil and South Africa," Financial Econometics Series 2011_06, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Okumu, Luke & Nyankori, James Cyprian Okuk, 2010. "Non-tariff barriers in EAC customs union: implications for trade between Uganda and other EAC countries," Research Series 113621, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Friebel, Guido & Gallego, Juan Miguel & Mendola, Mariapia, 2011. "Xenophobic Attacks, Migration Intentions and Networks: Evidence from the South of Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 5920, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gebreeyesus, Mulu & Mohnen, Pierre, 2011. "Innovation performance and embeddedness in networks: evidence from the Ethiopian footwear cluster," MERIT Working Papers 043, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Moulin, Bertrand & Teuwa N., Hugues M., 2011.
"Articulations entre banques commerciales et institutions de microfinance en Afrique subsaharienne: cas du Cameroun
[Articulations between commercial banks and microfinance institutions in Sub-Sahar," MPRA Paper 33015, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Banda, Diana J. & Hamukwala, Priscilla & Haggblade, Steven & Chapoto, Antony, 2011. "Dynamic Pathways into and out of Poverty: A Case of Small Holder Farmers in Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 113649, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Biloa Essimi, Jean Aristide & Chameni Nembua, Celestin, 2011.
"L’Inégalité de Pauvreté Au Cameroun : Une Analyse Empirique à L’aide de la décomposition en sous-groupes de Dagum
[Inequality of poverty in Cameroon: A Dagum sub-group decomposition analysis]," MPRA Paper 32966, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Okoboi, Geofrey & Muwanika, Fred Roland & Nyende, Majidu & Mugisha, Xavier, 2011. "Economic and institutional efficiency of the National Agricultural Advisory Services’ Programme: The case of Iganga District," Research Series 113622, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- B.P. Zaaruka & J.W. Fedderke, 2011. "Measuring Institutions: Indicators of Political and Economic Institutions in Namibia: 1884 - 2008," Working Papers 236, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Shakill Hassan & Sean Smith, 2011. "The Rand as a Carry Trade Target: Risk, Returns and Policy Implications," Working Papers 235, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Gage, Daria, 2011. "Revitalizing Zambia’s Agricultural Marketing Information Centre (Amic)," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 113646, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Kuschminder, Katie & Hercog, Metka, 2011. "The power of the strong state: A comparative analysis of the diaspora engagement strategies of India and Ethiopia," MERIT Working Papers 044, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).