Testing for non-causality by using the Autoregressive Metric
A new non-causality test based on the notion of distance between ARMA models is proposed in this paper. The advantage of this test is that it can be used in possible integrated and cointegrated systems, without pre-testing for unit roots and cointegration. The Monte Carlo experiments indicate that the proposed method performs reasonably well in nite samples. The empirical relevance of the test is illustrated via two applications.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Coondoo, Dipankor & Dinda, Soumyananda, 2002. "Causality between income and emission: a country group-specific econometric analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 351-367, March.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Joon Y. Park, 1986.
"Statistical Inference in Regressions with Integrated Processes: Part 2,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
819R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 1987.
- Park, Joon Y. & Phillips, Peter C.B., 1989. "Statistical Inference in Regressions with Integrated Processes: Part 2," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 95-131, April.
- Mavrotas, George & Kelly, Roger, 2001. "Old Wine in New Bottles: Testing Causality between Savings and Growth," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 69(0), pages 97-105, Supplemen.
- Neil R. Ericsson & John S. Irons & Ralph W. Tryon, 2001.
"Output and inflation in the long run,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 241-253.
- Neil R. Ericsson & John S. Irons & Ralph W. Tryon, 2000. "Output and inflation in the long run," International Finance Discussion Papers 687, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Neil R. Ericsson & John S. Irons & Ralph W. Tryon, 2000. "Output and Inflation in the Long Run," Amherst Economic Papers 2000.01, Amherst College, Department of Economics, revised 24 Oct 2000.
- Lukasz Lach, 2010.
"Application of Bootstrap Methods in Investigation of Size of the Granger Causality Test for Integrated VAR Systems,"
Managing Global Transitions,
University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 8(2), pages 167-186.
- Lach, Łukasz, 2010. "Application of bootstrap methods in investigation of size of the Granger causality test for integrated VAR systems," MPRA Paper 52285, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00287137 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sims, Christopher A & Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1990. "Inference in Linear Time Series Models with Some Unit Roots," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 113-44, January.
- David Giles, 1997. "Causality between the measured and underground economies in New Zealand," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 63-67.
- Maravall, Agustin & Mathis, Alexandre, 1994. "Encompassing univariate models in multivariate time series : A case study," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 197-233, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:29637. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.