Testing for non-causality by using the Autoregressive Metric
A new non-causality test based on the notion of distance between ARMA models is proposed in this paper. The advantage of this test is that it can be used in possible integrated and cointegrated systems, without pre-testing for unit roots and cointegration. The Monte Carlo experiments indicate that the proposed method performs reasonably well in nite samples. The empirical relevance of the test is illustrated via two applications.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Park, Joon Y. & Phillips, Peter C.B., 1989.
"Statistical Inference in Regressions with Integrated Processes: Part 2,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 95-131, April.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Joon Y. Park, 1986. "Statistical Inference in Regressions with Integrated Processes: Part 2," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 819R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 1987.
- Lukasz Lach, 2010.
"Application of Bootstrap Methods in Investigation of Size of the Granger Causality Test for Integrated VAR Systems,"
Managing Global Transitions,
University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 8(2), pages 167-186.
- Lach, Łukasz, 2010. "Application of bootstrap methods in investigation of size of the Granger causality test for integrated VAR systems," MPRA Paper 52285, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maravall, Agustin & Mathis, Alexandre, 1994. "Encompassing univariate models in multivariate time series : A case study," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 197-233, April.
- Bénédicte Vidaillet & V. D'Estaintot & P. Abécassis, 2005. "Introduction," Post-Print hal-00287137, HAL.
- David Giles, 1997. "Causality between the measured and underground economies in New Zealand," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 63-67.
- Neil R. Ericsson & John S. Irons & Ralph W. Tryon, 2000.
"Output and inflation in the long run,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
687, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mavrotas, George & Kelly, Roger, 2001. "Old Wine in New Bottles: Testing Causality between Savings and Growth," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 69(0), pages 97-105, Supplemen.
- Coondoo, Dipankor & Dinda, Soumyananda, 2002. "Causality between income and emission: a country group-specific econometric analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 351-367, March.
- Sims, Christopher A & Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1990. "Inference in Linear Time Series Models with Some Unit Roots," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 113-44, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:29637. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.