The role of mid-range universities in knowledge transfer: the case of non-metropolitan regions in Central and Eastern Europe (examples from Hungary and the Czech Republic)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lynne G. Zucker & Michael R. Darby & Jeff S. Armstrong, 2003.
"Commercializing knowledge: university science, knowledge capture and firm performance in biotechnology,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Sep, pages 149-170.
- Lynne G. Zucker & Michael R. Darby & Jeff S. Armstrong, 2002. "Commercializing Knowledge: University Science, Knowledge Capture, and Firm Performance in Biotechnology," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(1), pages 138-153, January.
- Lynne G. Zucker & Michael R. Darby & Jeff S. Armstrong, 2001. "Commercializing Knowledge: University Science, Knowledge Capture, and Firm Performance in Biotechnology," NBER Working Papers 8499, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acworth, Edward B., 2008. "University-industry engagement: The formation of the Knowledge Integration Community (KIC) model at the Cambridge-MIT Institute," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1241-1254, September.
- Siegel, Donald S. & Waldman, David & Link, Albert, 2003. "Assessing the impact of organizational practices on the relative productivity of university technology transfer offices: an exploratory study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 27-48, January.
- Andrea Bonaccorsi & Cinzia Daraio, 2009. "Characterizing the European university system: a preliminary classification using census microdata," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(10), pages 763-775, December.
- Slavo Radosevic & Benedetto Lepori, 2009. "Public research funding systems in central and eastern Europe: between excellence and relevance: introduction to special section," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(9), pages 659-666, November.
- Havas, Attila, 2009.
"Erawatch Country Report 2009: Hungary,"
49366, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Attila Havas, 2009. "ERAWATCH Country Reports 2009: Hungary. Analysis of policy mixes to foster R&D investment and to contribute to the ERA," JRC Working Papers JRC53701, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Smita Srinivas & Kimmo Viljamaa, 2008. "Emergence of Economic Institutions: Analysing the Third Role of Universities in Turku, Finland," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(3), pages 323-341, April.
- Yegorov, Igor, 2009. "Post-Soviet science: Difficulties in the transformation of the R&D systems in Russia and Ukraine," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 600-609, May.
- Yusuf, Shahid, 2008. "Intermediating knowledge exchange between universities and businesses," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1167-1174, September.
- Bjørn Asheim & Ron Boschma & Philip Cooke, 2011.
"Constructing Regional Advantage: Platform Policies Based on Related Variety and Differentiated Knowledge Bases,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(7), pages 893-904.
- Bjørn Asheim & Ron A. Boschma & Philip Cooke, 2007. "Constructing regional advantage: Platform policies based on related variety and differentiated knowledge bases," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0709, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Nov 2007.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky & John Beath & Donald S. Siegel, 2002.
"Universities and Fundamental Research: Reflections on the Growth of University--Industry Partnerships,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 10-21, Spring.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky & John Beath & Donald S. Siegel, 2002. "Universities and Fundamental Research: Reflections on the Growth of University-Industry Partnership," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 200201, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Harvey Goldstein & Catherine Renault, 2004. "Contributions of Universities to Regional Economic Development: A Quasi-experimental Approach," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(7), pages 733-746.
- Di Gregorio, Dante & Shane, Scott, 2003. "Why do some universities generate more start-ups than others?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 209-227, February.
- Fumi Kitagawa, 2004. "Universities and regional advantage: Higher education and innovation policies in English regions," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(6), pages 835-852, September.
- Attila Havas, 2012. "ERAWATCH COUNTRY REPORTS 2011: Hungary," JRC Working Papers JRC77951, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- J B Goddard & P Chatterton, 1999. "Regional Development Agencies and the Knowledge Economy: Harnessing the Potential of Universities," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 17(6), pages 685-699, December.
- Doris Schartinger, 2001. "Benchmarking industry—science relations: the role of framework conditions," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(4), pages 247-258, August.
- Attila Varga, 1998. "Local academic knowledge spillovers and the concentration of economic activity," ERSA conference papers ersa98p493, European Regional Science Association.
- J B Goddard & P Chatterton, 1999. "Regional Development Agencies and the knowledge economy: harnessing the potential of universities," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 17(6), pages 685-699, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anastasia Kireeva & Tatiana Tischenko & Ilya Sokolov & Elizaveta Khudko, 2012. "Public Private Partnership as an Instrument for Supporting Innovations," Published Papers 167, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, revised 2012.
More about this item
Keywordsmid-range universities; knowledge transfer; non-metropolitan regions; Central & Eastern Europe; regional engagement;
- P36 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Consumer Economics; Health; Education and Training; Welfare, Income, Wealth, and Poverty
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-02-05 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EDU-2011-02-05 (Education)
- NEP-INO-2011-02-05 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2011-02-05 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2011-02-05 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-TRA-2011-02-05 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2011-02-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .