Pertumbuhan dan Konvergensi pada Industri Tebu di Asia Tenggara
[Growth and Convergence of Sugarcare Industries in Southeast Asia]
This paper analysis growth and convergence on sugarcane industry in southeast Asia countries. Important questions in this paper are whether the growth of sugar cane in Southeast Asia a convergence or divergence over time and to what extent economic integration influences the development and policy of countries. To answer the question, in this paper done by GLS techniques analysis and used the distribution of the logarithmic sugar cane’s output data characteristics. Data in this paper published at the country level by FAOSTAT. Countries data which produce sugar cane in Southeast Asia are: Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, The Philippines, and Vietnam. This countries are Cross section identifiers in panel data which time series data set in analysis is 1961-2000. In empirical result, B - convergence both basic variable and equation with dummy the regression equation indicate that these variables do have effects in addition to convergence and speed of convergence. The results also strengthen the hypothesis that when σ - convergence are accounted.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2005|
|Date of revision:||Mar 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano & Diego Puga, 1998.
"Agglomeration in the Global Economy: A Survey of the 'New Economic Geography',"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(6), pages 707-731, 08.
- Ottaviano, Gianmarco & Puga, Diego, 1997. "Agglomeration in the Global Economy: A Survey of the 'New Economic Geography'," CEPR Discussion Papers 1699, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martin, Philippe & Ottaviano, Gianmarco, 1996.
"Growth and Agglomeration,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1529, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x, June.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990.
"Endogenous Technological Change,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages S71-102, October.
- Richard E. Baldwin & Philippe Martin & Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano, 1998.
"Global Income Divergence, Trade and Industrializatiion: The Geography of Growth Take-Offs,"
NBER Working Papers
6458, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baldwin, Richard E & Martin, Philippe & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I P, 2001. " Global Income Divergence, Trade, and Industrialization: The Geography of Growth Take-Offs," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 5-37, March.
- Baldwin, Richard & Martin, Philippe & Ottaviano, Gianmarco, 1998. "Global Income Divergence, Trade and Industrialization: The Geography of Growth Take-Offs," CEPR Discussion Papers 1803, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baldwin, Richard E. & Martin, Philippe & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I.P., 1998. "Global Income Divergence, Trade and Industrialisation: The Geography of Growth Take-Offs," Working Paper Series 496, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Wolfgang HÄRDLE & J. MARRON & L. YANG, 1996. "Discussion," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1996,65, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:2723. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.