A trend deduction model of fluctuating oil prices
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Haiyan Xu & ZhongXiang Zhang, 2011. "A Trend Deduction Model of Fluctuating Oil Prices," Working Papers 2011.22, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Xu, Haiyan & Zhang, ZhongXiang, 2011. "A Trend Deduction Model of Fluctuating Oil Prices," Sustainable Development Papers 101300, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
References listed on IDEAS
- Kosobud, Richard F & Stokes, Houston H, 1978. "Oil Market Share Dynamics: A Markov Chain Analysis of Consumer and Producer Adjustments," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 253-275.
- Vo, Minh T., 2009. "Regime-switching stochastic volatility: Evidence from the crude oil market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 779-788, September.
- Mark Holmes & Ping Wang, 2003. "Oil Price Shocks and the Asymmetric Adjustment of UK Output: A Markov-switching approach," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 181-192.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ibrahim Abada, 2012. "A stochastic generalized Nash-Cournot model for the northwestern European natural gas markets with a fuel substitution demand function: The S-GaMMES model," Working Papers 1202, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Ibrahim Abada & Pierre-André Jouvet, 2013. "A stochastic generalized Nash-Cournot model for the northwestern European natural gas markets: The S-GaMMES model," Working Papers 1308, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Ibrahim Abada, 2012. "Study of the evolution of the northwestern European natural gas markets using S-GaMMES," Working Papers 1203, Chaire Economie du climat.
More about this item
KeywordsOil price; Log-normality distribution; Limit probability of a Markov Chain; Trend deduction model; OPEC;
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- Q47 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy Forecasting
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- C49 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2010-12-04 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26947. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.