Is health status of elderly worsening in India:A comparison of successive rounds of National Sample Survey data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert B. Wallace & A. Regula Herzog, 1995. "Overview of the Health Measures in the Health and Retirement Study," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30, pages s84-s107.
- Nyce,Steven A. & Schieber,Sylvester J., 2005. "The Economic Implications of Aging Societies," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521851534, April.
- James P. Smith, 2004. "Measuring Health and Economic Status of Older Adults in Developing Countries," HEW 0402004, EconWPA.
- S. Irudaya Rajan, 2006. "Population Ageing and Health in India," Working Papers id:492, eSocialSciences.
- J. Scott Long & Jeremy Freese, 2006. "Regression Models for Categorical Dependent Variables using Stata, 2nd Edition," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, edition 2, number long2, April.
- Nyce,Steven A. & Schieber,Sylvester J., 2005. "The Economic Implications of Aging Societies," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521617246, April.
- Richard Williams, 2006. "Generalized ordered logit/partial proportional odds models for ordinal dependent variables," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(1), pages 58-82, March.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic independence; co-residence; elderly; health status; ordered logit model; India;
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2010-10-30 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2010-10-30 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-HEA-2010-10-30 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25747. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.