International Capital Flows: An empirical study of the relationship between equity and debt investments
Capital flows in today’s arena is a hot topic attracting many researchers to do some contributions. International capital flows are rapidly increasing day by day with huge increases in volume of trade in equity and debt markets. This piece of work is an effort and a kind of approach in finding out the cross relationship between equity and debt investments in capital markets and the investor’s portfolio decisions between equity and debt investments in international financial markets. In this paper, I have studied intensively world equity market, world debt and bond market. The relationship between equity and debt investment has been computed using statistical methods like covariance and correlation with linear regression analysis with US market data of past 200 years. I examine the relationship between equity and debt and reach with a conclusion that there is an inverse relationship between equity and debt investment.
|Date of creation:||10 Mar 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harald Hau & Helene Rey, 2004.
"Can Portfolio Rebalancing Explain the Dynamics of Equity Returns, Equity Flows, and Exchange Rates?,"
NBER Working Papers
10476, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harald Hau & Hélène Rey, 2004. "Can Portfolio Rebalancing Explain the Dynamics of Equity Returns, Equity Flows, and Exchange Rates?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 126-133, May.
- Hau, Harald & Rey, Hélène, 2004. "Can Portfolio Rebalancing Explain the Dynamics of Equity Returns, Equity Flows and Exchange Rates?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4517, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- George W. Fenn & J. Nellie Liang & Stephen D. Prowse, 1995. "The economics of the private equity market," Staff Studies 168, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Cécile Carpentier & Jean-François L'Her & Jean-Marc Suret, 2005. "The Costs of Issuing Private Versus Public Equity," CIRANO Working Papers 2005s-14, CIRANO.
- Gill, Indermit & Pinto, Brian, 2005. "Public debt in developing countries : has the market-based model worked?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3674, The World Bank.
- Mahir Binici & Michael M. Hutchison & Martin Schindler, 2009.
"Controlling Capital? Legal Restrictions and the Asset Composition of International Financial Flows,"
IMF Working Papers
09/208, International Monetary Fund.
- Binici, Mahir & Hutchison, Michael & Schindler, Martin, 2010. "Controlling capital? Legal restrictions and the asset composition of international financial flows," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 666-684, June.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1983. "The Substitutability of Debt and Equity Securities," NBER Working Papers 1130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:24797. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.