Informational Imperfections in the Capital Market and Macroeconomic Fluctuations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz & Andrew Weiss, 1984. "Informational Imperfections in the Capital Market and Macro-Economic Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 1335, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1983. "Incentive Effects of Terminations: Applications to the Credit and Labor Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 912-927, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Giovanni Trovato & Marco AlfÃ³, 2006. "Credit rationing and the financial structure of Italian small and medium enterprises," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 9, pages 167-184, May.
- Marco Arnone & Umberto Giacometti, 2004. "Crescita, Innovazione Tecnologica e Mercato dei Capitali: il Ruolo del Venture Capital," Finance 0404008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lionel Artige & Rosella Nicolini, 2008.
"Memory in Contracts: The experience of the EBRD (1991-2003),"
CREPP Working Papers
0803, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Lionel Artige & Rosella Nicolini, 2010. "Memory in Contracts: The Experience of the EBRD (1991-2003)," Working Papers wpdea1002, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Lionel Artige & Rosella Nicolini, 2008. "Memory in Contracts: The Experience of the EBRD (1991-2003)," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 724.08, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Winker, Peter, 1994. "Eine makroökonometrische Analyse von Kreditmarkt und Kreditrationierung: Bankkredite in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland 1974 - 1989," Discussion Papers, Series II 220, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Bieta, Volker & Broll, Udo & Siebe, Wilfried, 2014. "Collateral in banking policy: On the possibility of signaling," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 137-141.
- Cieply Sylvie, 2001. "The Radical Change of French Firms’ Financial Characteristics. Macroeconomic Consequences and Lessons for Political Economics / Die französische Finanzrevolution. Die Folgen für die Finanzstruktur der," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 221(5-6), pages 556-576, October.
- Besancenot, Damien & Vranceanu, Radu, 2005. "Le financement public du secteur de la défense, une source d'inefficacité," ESSEC Working Papers DR 05008, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Vigenina, Denotes & Kritikos, Alexander S., 2004.
"The individual micro-lending contract: is it a better design than joint-liability?: Evidence from Georgia,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 155-176, June.
- Vigenina, Denitsa & Kritikos, Alexander S., 2005. "The individual micro-lending contract: Is it a better design than joint-liability? - Evidence from Georgia," Working Paper Series 2005,10, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), The Postgraduate Research Programme Capital Markets and Finance in the Enlarged Europe.
- Gertler, M.*Rose,Thomas A., 1991. "Finance, growth, and public policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 814, The World Bank.
- Soumya Datta, 2016.
"Macrodynamics of debt-financed investment-led growth with interest rate rules,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 593-624, October.
- Datta, Soumya, 2014. "Macrodynamics of debt-financed investment-led growth with interest rate rules," MPRA Paper 56713, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matthias Fahn & Valeria Merlo & Georg Wamser, 2019.
"The Commitment Role of Equity Financing,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 1232-1260.
- Matthias Fahn & Valeria Merlo & Georg Wamser, 2014. "The Commitment Role of Equity Financing," CESifo Working Paper Series 4841, CESifo.
- Matthias Fahn & Valeria Merlo & Georg Wamser, 2017. "The Commitment Role of Equity Financing," Economics working papers 2017-12, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Fahn, Matthias & Wamser, Georg & Merlo, Valeria, 2017. "The Commitment Role of Equity Financing," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 41, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- Poitevin, Michel, 1989. "Information et marchés financiers : une revue de littérature," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 65(4), pages 555-589, décembre.
- Greenwald, B & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1987.
"Keynesian, New Keynesian and New Classical Economics,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 119-133, March.
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1987. "Keynesian, New Keynesian, and New Classical Economics," NBER Working Papers 2160, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Datta, Soumya, 2013. "Convergence, cycles and complex dynamics of financing investment," MPRA Paper 52111, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Dec 2013.
- Kubin, Ingrid & Zörner, Thomas O., 2021. "Credit cycles, human capital and the distribution of income," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 954-975.
- Willem Naude, 1995. "Financial liberalisation and interest rate risk management in Sub-Saharan Africa," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/1996-12, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Christian Picory & Bernard Geffroy, 1995. "Degré d'intégration bancaire des PME : Une approche par l'organisation industrielle," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 46(2), pages 365-392.
- Grimsby, Gjermund, 2018. "Partly risky, partly solid – Performance study of public innovation loans," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(7), pages 1344-1365.
- Mark Gertler, 1988.
"Financial structure and aggregate economic activity: an overview,"
Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 559-596.
- Gertler, Mark, 1988. "Financial Structure and Aggregate Economic Activity: An Overview," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(3), pages 559-588, August.
- Mark L. Gertler, 1988. "Financial Structure and Aggregate Economic Activity: An Overview," NBER Working Papers 2559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tomat, Gian Maria, 2008. "Modeling the Effects of Financial Constraints on Firm's Investment," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal (2007-2020), Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 2, pages 1-26.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:74:y:1984:i:2:p:194-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Michael P. Albert (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.