Theories of urban externalities
In this monograph several aspects of externalities in cities are analyzed using extensions of a standard residential land use model. Topics covered are optimal and market city sizes, local public goods, traffic congestion, externalities between different types of households, and the growth of a system of cities.
|Date of creation:||1980|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fujita, Masahisa, 1976. "Spatial patterns of urban growth: Optimum and market," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 209-241, July.
- Riley, John G., 1974. "Optimal residential density and road transportation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 230-249, April.
- Montesano, Aldo, 1972. "A restatement of Beckmann's model on the distribution of urban rent and residential density," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 329-354, April.
- McGuire, Martin, 1974. "Group Segregation and Optimal Jurisdictions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 112-32, Jan.-Feb..
- Miyao, Takahiro, 1975. "Dynamics and comparative statics in the theory of residential location," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 133-146, August.
- Wheaton, William C, 1977. "Income and Urban Residence: An Analysis of Consumer Demand for Location," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 620-31, September.
- Levhari, David & Oron, Yitzhak & Pines, David, 1978. "A note on unequal treatment of equals in an urban setting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 278-284, April.
- Beckmann, Martin J., 1969. "On the distribution of urban rent and residential density," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 60-67, June.
- Yitzhak Oron & David Pines & Eytan Sheshinski, 1973. "Optimum vs. Equilibrium Land Use Pattern and Congestion Toll," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(2), pages 619-636, Autumn.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:24614. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.