Harnessing the 'essential tension' of design: The complex relationship between the firm and designer consultants
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Thorwarth, Susanne, 2009. "The design paradox: the contribution of in-house and external design activities on product market performance," ZEW Discussion Papers 09-068, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Ashish Arora & Alfonso Gambardella & Enzo Rullani, 1997. "Division of Labour and the Locus of Inventive Activity," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 1(1), pages 123-140, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beatrice D'Ippolito, 2014. "The importance of design for firms' competitiveness: a review of the literature," Working paper serie RMT - Grenoble Ecole de Management hal-00936947, HAL.
- Archibugi, Daniele, 2017. "The social imagination needed for an innovation-led recovery," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 554-556.
- D’Ippolito, Beatrice & Miozzo, Marcela & Consoli, Davide, 2014.
"Knowledge systematisation, reconfiguration and the organisation of firms and industry: The case of design,"
Elsevier, vol. 43(8), pages 1334-1352.
- Beatrice D'Ippolito & Marcela Miozzo & Consoli Davide, 2014. "Knowledge systematisation, reconfiguration and the organisation of firms and industry: the case of design," Working paper serie RMT - Grenoble Ecole de Management hal-00962391, HAL.
- D’Ippolito,Beatrice & Miozzo,Marcela & Consoli,Davide, 2012.
"Knowledge systematisation and the development of a business function: the case of design,"
INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series
201202, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV), revised 30 May 2012.
- Beatrice D'Ippolito & Marcela Miozzo & Davide Consoli, 2013. "Knowledge Systematisation and the Development of a Business Function: The Case of Design," DRUID Working Papers 13-06, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
More about this item
Keywordsindustrial design; innovation; product development; case study;
- M11 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Production Management
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2010-04-24 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-PPM-2010-04-24 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:22002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .