Knowledge Systematisation and the Development of a Business Function: The Case of Design
Drawing on evidence on the home furnishing sectors in Italy during the XX century, the aim is to understand the instituted processes that facilitated the translation of design know-how from being project-specific to becoming relevant to broader remits. The paper contributes to the debate on industry evolution by incorporating the institutional dimension to the organisational and technological changes taking place at both firm and industry level.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.druid.dk/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Malerba, Franco, 2002. "Sectoral systems of innovation and production," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 247-264, February.
- Marcela Miozzo & Damian Grimshaw, 2011. "Capabilities of large services outsourcing firms: the "outsourcing plus staff transfer model" in EDS and IBM," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 909-940, June.
- Francesco Vona & Davide Consoli, 2015.
"Innovation and skill dynamics: a life-cycle approach,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 24(6), pages 1393-1415.
- Vona, Francesco & Consoli, Davide, 2009. "Innovation, human capital and earning distribution: towards a dynamic life-cycle approach," MPRA Paper 13032, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesco Vona & Davide Consoli, 2011. "Innovation and skill dynamics: a life - cycle approach," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2011-26, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Francesco Vona & Davide Consoli, 2011. "Innovation and Skill Dynamics: A life-cycle approach," Sciences Po publications 2011-26, Sciences Po.
- Francesco Vona & Davide Consoli, 2011. "Innovation and Skill Dynamics: A life-cycle approach," Working Papers hal-01069523, HAL.
- Walsh, Vivien, 1996. "Design, innovation and the boundaries of the firm," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 509-529, June.
- Kaplan, Sarah & Tripsas, Mary, 2008. "Thinking about technology: Applying a cognitive lens to technical change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 790-805, June.
- Peter Maskell & Harald Bathelt & Anders Malmberg, 2005. "Building Global Knowledge Pipelines The Role of Temporary Clusters," DRUID Working Papers 05-20, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Deborah A. Savage, 1994. "The Professions in Theory and History: the Case of Pharmacy," Industrial Organization 9406001, EconWPA.
- Rosenberg, Nathan, 1963. "Technological Change in the Machine Tool Industry, 1840–1910," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(04), pages 414-443, December.
- Richardson, G B, 1972. "The Organisation of Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(327), pages 883-896, September.
- Filippetti, Andrea, 2010. "Harnessing the 'essential tension' of design: The complex relationship between the firm and designer consultants," MPRA Paper 22002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cristiano Antonelli, 2006. "The Business Governance of Localized Knowledge: An Information Economics Approach for the Economics of Knowledge," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 227-261.
- Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi, 1996. "The Dynamics and Evolution of Industries," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 51-87.
- D'Adderio, Luciana, 2001. "Crafting the virtual prototype: how firms integrate knowledge and capabilities across organisational boundaries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1409-1424, December.
- Steven Klepper, 2002. "The capabilities of new firms and the evolution of the US automobile industry," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 645-666, August.
- Franco Malerba & Uwe Cantner, 2006. "Innovation, industrial dynamics and structural transformation: Schumpeterian legacies," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 1-2, April.
- Nightingale, P., 2000. "The product-process-organisation relationship in complex development projects," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7-8), pages 913-930, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aal:abbswp:13-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keld Laursen)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.