The Supply Chain Economy: How Far does it Spread in Space and Time?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Engman & Osamu Onodera & Enrico Pinali, 2007. "Export Processing Zones: Past and Future Role in Trade and Development," OECD Trade Policy Papers 53, OECD Publishing.
- Baldwin, Richard & Venables, Anthony J., 2013.
"Spiders and snakes: Offshoring and agglomeration in the global economy,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 245-254.
- Baldwin, Richard & Venables, Anthony J, 2010. "Spiders and Snakes: Offshoring and Agglomeration in the Global Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 8163, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Baldwin & Anthony Venables, 2010. "Spiders and snakes: offshoring and agglomeration in the global economy," NBER Working Papers 16611, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daria Taglioni & Deborah Winkler, 2016. "Making Global Value Chains Work for Development," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 24426.
- Yuqing Xing & Neal Detert, 2011.
"How the iPhone Widens the United States Trade Deficit with the People's Republic of China:,"
Aussenwirtschaft, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science, Swiss Institute for International Economics and Applied Economics Research, vol. 66(03), pages 339-350, September.
- Xing, Yuqing & Detert, Neal, 2010. "How the iPhone Widens the United States Trade Deficit with the People's Republic of China," ADBI Working Papers 257, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Theodore H. Moran & Lindsay Oldenski, 2016. "How Offshoring and Global Supply Chains Enhance the US Economy," Policy Briefs PB16-5, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- John Humphrey & Hubert Schmitz, 2002. "How does insertion in global value chains affect upgrading in industrial clusters?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 1017-1027.
- Gene M. Grossman & Esteban Rossi-Hansberg, 2008. "Trading Tasks: A Simple Theory of Offshoring," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(5), pages 1978-1997, December.
- Yuqing Xing & Neal Detert, 2010. "How the iPhone Widens the United States Trade Deficit with the Peopleâ€™s Republic of China," Trade Working Papers 23280, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Yuqing Xing & Neal Detert, 2010. "How the iPhone Widens the United States Trade Deficit with the PeopleÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Republic of China," Trade Working Papers 23128, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Dani Rodrik, 2018.
"New Technologies, Global Value Chains, and the Developing Economies,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Dani Rodrik, 2018. "New Technologies, Global Value Chains, and Developing Economies," NBER Working Papers 25164, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani, 2018. "New Technologies, Global Value Chains, and Developing Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 13220, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Reyes,Jose Daniel, 2017. "FDI spillovers and high-growth firms in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8243, The World Bank.
- Thomas Farole, 2016. "Do global value chains create jobs?," IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 291-291, September.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Thorwarth, Susanne, 2009. "The design paradox: the contribution of in-house and external design activities on product market performance," ZEW Discussion Papers 09-068, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Miroslav N. Jovanović, 2015. "The Economics of International Integration, Second Edition," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15166.
- Isaksson, Olov H.D. & Simeth, Markus & Seifert, Ralf W., 2016. "Knowledge spillovers in the supply chain: Evidence from the high tech sectors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 699-706.
- Antonio Accetturo & Andrea Linarello & Andrea Petrella, 2017. "Legal enforcement and Global Value Chains: micro-evidence from Italian manufacturing firms," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 397, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Suder, Gabriele & Liesch, Peter W. & Inomata, Satoshi & Mihailova, Irina & Meng, Bo, 2015. "The evolving geography of production hubs and regional value chains across East Asia: Trade in value-added," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 404-416.
- Dutta, Sourish, 2018. "Framework of Learning and Upgrading in Global Value Chains," EconStor Preprints 237381, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Pierluigi Montalbano & Silvia Nenci & Carlo Pietrobelli, 2018. "Opening and linking up: firms, GVCs, and productivity in Latin America," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 917-935, April.
- Evert Meijers & Martijn Burger & Masahisa Fujita & Nobuaki Hamaguchi, 2016.
"Supply chain internationalization in East Asia: Inclusiveness and risks,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(1), pages 81-100, March.
- FUJITA Masahisa & HAMAGUCHI Nobuaki, 2014. "Supply Chain Internationalization in East Asia: Inclusiveness and risks," Discussion papers 14066, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Bo Meng & Ming Ye & Shang‐Jin Wei, 2020. "Measuring Smile Curves in Global Value Chains," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 82(5), pages 988-1016, October.
- Dutta, Sourish, 2020.
"Learning and Upgrading in Global Value Chains: An Analysis of India’s Manufacturing Sector,"
2ser9, Center for Open Science.
- Sourish Dutta, 2021. "Learning and Upgrading in Global Value Chains: An Analysis of India's Manufacturing Sector," Papers 2101.04447, arXiv.org.
- Sourish Dutta, 2020. "Learning and Upgrading in Global Value Chains: An Analysis of India’s Manufacturing Sector," Post-Print hal-03271575, HAL.
- Owusu, Solomon, 2021. "Powering structural transformation and productivity gains in Africa: The role of global value chains and resource endowments," MERIT Working Papers 2021-022, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- ye, ming, 2016. "Trace the goods and value-added route in exports," MPRA Paper 73476, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bhushan Praveen Jangam & Badri Narayan Rath, 2021. "Does global value chain participation enhance domestic value‐added in exports? Evidence from emerging market economies," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(2), pages 1681-1694, April.
- Flentø, Daniel & Ponte, Stefano, 2017. "Least-Developed Countries in a World of Global Value Chains: Are WTO Trade Negotiations Helping?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 366-374.
- Inga Heiland, 2017. "Five Essays on International Trade, Factor Flows and the Gains from Globalization," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 74.
- Vrh, Nataša, 2015. "Pay-off to Participation in Global Value Chains: How Much are New EU Member States Lagging behind the Rest of EU Countries in Terms of Domestic Value Added in Exports?," MPRA Paper 67805, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ndubuisi, Gideon & Owusu, Solomon, 2020. "How important is GVC participation to export upgrading," MERIT Working Papers 2020-026, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Stefan Pahl & Marcel P. Timmer, 2020. "Do Global Value Chains Enhance Economic Upgrading? A Long View," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(9), pages 1683-1705, July.
- Willem Thorbecke, 2013. "Investigating China's Disaggregated Processed Exports: Evidence that Both the RMB and Exchange Rates in Supply Chain Countries Matter," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(10), pages 1245-1260, October.
- Lili Yan Ing & Wei Tian & Maiojie Yu, "undated". "China’s Processing Trade and Value Chains," Working Papers DP-2018-02, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Victor Kummritz, 2015. "Global Value Chains: Benefiting the Domestic Economy?," IHEID Working Papers 02-2015, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Shen, Leilei & Silva, Peri, 2018.
"Value-added exports and U.S. local labor markets: Does China really matter?,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 479-504.
- Leilei Shen & Peri Silva, "undated". "Value Added Exports and U.S. Local Labor Markets: Does China Really Matter?," Development Working Papers 373, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Cheryl Xiaoning Long & Galina Hale & Hirotaka Miura, 2014. "Productivity Spillovers from FDI in the People's Republic of China: A Nuanced View," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 31(2), pages 77-108, September.
- Aichele, Rahel & Heiland, Inga, 2018.
"Where is the value added? Trade liberalization and production networks,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 130-144.
- Rahel Aichele & Inga Heiland, 2016. "Where is the Value Added? Trade Liberalization and Production Networks," CESifo Working Paper Series 6026, CESifo.
- Aichele, Rahel & Heiland, Inga, 2018. "Where is the value added? Trade liberalization and production networks," Munich Reprints in Economics 62859, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsGlobal Value Chain; Fragmentation; Unbundling; Offshoring; Trade; Standards; Integration; 3D Printing;
All these keywords.
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O25 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:ecoint:0855. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cacogit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Angela Procopio (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cacogit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.