Degré de répercussion du Taux de change sur l’Inflation en République Démocratique du Congo de 2002 à 2007
[Pass-Through of Exchange rate to inflation in DRC 2002 to 2007]
This study examines for period going from 2002 to 2007 in the case of the Democratic Republic of Congo, the existence of a degree of pass through between the rate of exchange and inflation. The model VAR was chooses in order to clarify the relation which exists between the reactions of the general index of the price the consumer domestic, of the price index of the gasoline following the innovations of the rate of exchange. The results of the empirical analysis show that the innovations on the rate of exchange (DE) involve a rapid answer on the consumer price index (IPC) and the price index of gasoline (IPP). This is explained by the fact, as announces Krugman(2006) that in "an inflationary economy, it is difficult to simply modify the rate of real exchange by changing the rate of nominal exchange, insofar as the rise of the request which results from it quickly causes an interior inflation and thus a rise of the domestic prices".
|Date of creation:||08 Apr 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeannine Bailliu & Eiji Fujii, 2004.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through and the Inflation Environment in Industrialized Countries: An Empirical Investigation,"
Staff Working Papers
04-21, Bank of Canada.
- Eiji Fuji & Jeannine Bailliu, 2004. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through and the Inflation Environment in Industrialized Countries: An Empirical Investigation," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 135, Society for Computational Economics.
- Barhoumi, K. & Jouini, J., 2008.
"Revisiting the Decline i he Exchange Rate Pass-Through: Further Evidence from Developing Countries,"
213, Banque de France.
- Jamel JOUINI & Karim BARHOUMI, 2008. "Revisiting the decline in the exchange rate pass-through: further evidence from developing countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(20), pages 1-10.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:20:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jonas Stulz, 2007. "Exchange rate pass-through in Switzerland: Evidence from vector autoregressions," Economic Studies 2007-04, Swiss National Bank.
- Taylor, John B., 2000. "Low inflation, pass-through, and the pricing power of firms," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1389-1408, June.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Jane Ihrig, 2004. "Monetary policy and exchange rate pass-through This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the U.S.A," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 315-338.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21970. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.