Criticism, Communication and Debate in Public Environment
This paper presents models of criticism, communication and debate in public environment, focusing on the types of criticism and countercriticism manifested in political debates and public management. The paper proposes: (i) a normative model showing how rational criticism and countercriticism can be conducted, including process and alternative strategies; and (ii) a model of organizational excellence and rational criticism in public management. The paper also include the comments of reviewers of the journal Public Management Review.
|Date of creation:||05 Jun 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luis C. Ortigueira, 2007. "Criticism and Counter-Criticism of Public Management: Strategy Models," Working Papers 07.03, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Business Administration.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL.
- Ferejohn, John, 2002. "Symposium on explanations and social ontology 1: rational choice theory and social explanation," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 211-234, October.
- McCloskey, Donald N, 1983. "The Rhetoric of Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 481-517, June.
- Luis C. Ortigueira, 2007. "A Systems Approach to Public Policies," Working Papers 07.01, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Business Administration.
- Andrea Salanti, 1989. "Distinguishing “Internal” from “External” Criticism in Economic Methodology," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 635-639, Winter.
- Carolyn Hill & Laurence Lynn, 2003. "Producing human services Why do agencies collaborate?," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 63-81, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21659. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.