Criticism, Communication and Debate in Public Environment
This paper presents models of criticism, communication and debate in public environment, focusing on the types of criticism and countercriticism manifested in political debates and public management. The paper proposes: (i) a normative model showing how rational criticism and countercriticism can be conducted, including process and alternative strategies; and (ii) a model of organizational excellence and rational criticism in public management. The paper also include the comments of reviewers of the journal Public Management Review.
|Date of creation:||05 Jun 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McCloskey, Donald N, 1983. "The Rhetoric of Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 481-517, June.
- Ferejohn, John, 2002. "Symposium on explanations and social ontology 1: rational choice theory and social explanation," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 211-234, October.
- Andrea Salanti, 1989. "Distinguishing “Internal” from “External” Criticism in Economic Methodology," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 635-639, Winter.
- Carolyn Hill & Laurence Lynn, 2003. "Producing human services Why do agencies collaborate?," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 63-81, March.
- Luis C. Ortigueira, 2007. "A Systems Approach to Public Policies," Working Papers 07.01, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Business Administration.
- Luis C. Ortigueira, 2007. "Criticism and Counter-Criticism of Public Management: Strategy Models," Working Papers 07.03, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Business Administration.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21659. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.