Research standards for the Italian young academics: what has changed over the last thirty years?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Adriano Birolo & Annalisa Rosselli, 2010. "Research standards for the Italian young academics: what has changed over the last thirty years?," CEIS Research Paper 161, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 28 May 2010.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pranab Bardhan, 2003. "Journal publication in economics: a view from the periphery," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(488), pages 332-337, June.
- Hendrik P. van Dalen, 2003.
"Pluralism in Economics: A Public Good or a Public Bad?,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
03-034/1, Tinbergen Institute, revised 18 May 2004.
- van Dalen, H.P., 2007. "Pluralism in economics : A public good or a public bad?," Other publications TiSEM a21f9078-5fba-467f-98b6-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Andrew J. Oswald, 2007.
"An Examination of the Reliability of Prestigious Scholarly Journals: Evidence and Implications for Decision-Makers,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(293), pages 21-31, February.
- Oswald, Andrew J., 2006. "An Examination of the Reliability of Prestigious Scholarly Journals: Evidence and Implications for Decision-makers," IZA Discussion Papers 2070, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oswald, Andrew J., 2006. "An Examination of the Reliability of Prestigious Scholarly Journals: Evidence and Implications for Decision-makers," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 744, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Raymond P. H. Fishe, 1998. "What Are the Research Standards for Full Professor of Finance?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 1053-1079, June.
- Artoni Roberto, 2007. "Valutazione della ricerca e pluralismo in economia politica," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 191-204.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M & Rothman, Harry, 1999. "The Editors and Authors of Economics Journals: A Case of Institutional Oligopoly?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(453), pages 165-186, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexander Libman & Joachim Zweynert, 2014. "Ceremonial Science: The State of Russian Economics Seen Through the Lens of the Work of ‘Doctor of Science’ Candidates," Working Papers 337, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Birolo, Adriano, 2010.
"La ricerca economica in Italia tra pluralismo e monismo: i giovani economisti negli ultimi trent’anni
[The Italian economic research between pluralism and monism: the young economists in the last t," MPRA Paper 27219, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zacchia, Giulia, 2016. "Segregation or homologation? Gender differences in recent Italian economic thought," MPRA Paper 72279, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Libman, Alexander & Zweynert, Joachim, 2014. "Ceremonial science: The state of Russian economics seen through the lens of the work of ‘Doctor of Science’ candidates," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 360-378.
More about this item
Keywordsevolution of the scientific standard; research output; “representative” economist; academic market for economists; evaluation;
- B23 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Econometrics; Quantitative and Mathematical Studies
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2010-03-28 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2010-03-28 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2010-03-28 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21368. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .