In the Midst of Global Financial Slowdown: the Indonesian Experience
The objective of our study is to review and debate selected factors frequently underlined as the foundations to the strength and the resilient of economic growth in Indonesia in recent years. We first examine closely the compositions of the country’s exports to particularly highlight the role of primary commodities and diverse export destinations in cushioning the country’s balance of payment position. Next, our study assesses the country’s management of macroeconomic policies, especially the monetary and fiscal policies, and debates the overall effectiveness and limitations of these policy measures. Lastly, this paper explores the repentant stage of the country’s infrastructure, arguably a vital factor for the country’s ability to attract the much-needed domestic and foreign direct investment.
|Date of creation:||15 Dec 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Goo, Siwei, 2009.
"Effectiveness and Commitment To Inflation Targeting Policy: Evidences From Indonesia and Thailand,"
South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number sp73.
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Goo, Siwei, 2010. "Effectiveness and commitment to inflation targeting policy: Evidence from Indonesia and Thailand," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 113-128, April.
- Siregar, Reza.Y. & Goo, Siwei, 2009. "Effectiveness and Commitment to Inflation Targeting Policy: Evidences from Indonesia and Thailand," MPRA Paper 17271, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John B. Taylor, 2009. "The Financial Crisis and the Policy Responses: An Empirical Analysis of What Went Wrong," NBER Working Papers 14631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Muhammad Chatib Basri & Reza Yamora Siregar, 2009. "Navigating Policy Responses at the National Level in the Midst of the Global Financial Crisis: The Experience of Indonesia," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 8(3), pages 1-35, October.
- Reza Siregar, 2001. "Survey Of Recent Developments," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 277-303.
- Budy Resosudarmo & Arief Yusuf, 2009. "Survey of recent developments," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(3), pages 287-315.
- repec:rim:rimwps:31-08 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19657. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.