Technological learning in six firms in Southern China: success and limits of an industrialisation model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lemoine, Francoise & Unal-Kesenci, Deniz, 2004. "Assembly Trade and Technology Transfer: The Case of China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 829-850, May.
- Chen, Cheng-Fen & Sewell, Graham, 1996. "Strategies for technological development in South Korea and Taiwan: the case of semiconductors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 759-783, August.
- Kleinknecht, Alfred & Reijnen, Jeroen O. N., 1991. "More evidence on the undercounting of small firm R&D," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 579-587, December.
- Kim, Linsu, 2000. "The Dynamics of Technological Learning in Industrialisation," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 2000-07, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Pirela, Arnoldo & Rengifo, Rafael & Mercado, Alexis & Arvanitis, Rigas, 1993. "Technological learning and entrepreneurial behaviour: A taxonomy of the chemical industry in Venezuela," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(5-6), pages 431-453, November.
- Figueiredo, Paulo N., 2002. "Does technological learning pay off? Inter-firm differences in technological capability-accumulation paths and operational performance improvement," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 73-94, January.
- Can Huang & Celeste Amorim & Joaquim Borges Gouveia & Mark Spinoglio & Augusto Medina, 2004. "Organization, Program and Structure: An Analysis of the Chinese Innovation Policy Framework," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 17, Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro.
- White, Steven & Liu, Xielin, 1998. "Organizational processes to meet new performance criteria: Chinese pharmaceutical firms in transition," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 369-383, August.
- Shi, Yizheng, 2001. "Technological capabilities and international production strategy of firms: the case of foreign direct investment in China," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 184-204, July.
- Ernst, Dieter & Kim, Linsu, 2002. "Global production networks, knowledge diffusion, and local capability formation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1417-1429, December.
- Arvanitis, Rigas & Miège, Pierre & Zhao, Wei, 2003. "Regard(s) sur l'émergence d'une économie de marché en Chine [A Fresh Look at the Development of a Market Economy in China]," MPRA Paper 8635, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
- Liu, Xielin & White, Steven, 2001. "Comparing innovation systems: a framework and application to China's transitional context," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1091-1114, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arvanitis, Rigas & Mhenni, Hatem, 2008. "Innovation policies in the context of North-Africa: new trends in Morroco and Tunisia," MPRA Paper 17939, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wei ZHAO & Rigas ARVANITIS, 2008. "L’INeGAL DeVELOPPEMENT INDUSTRIEL DE LA CHINE : CAPACITeS D’INNOVATION ET COEXISTENCE DE DIFFeRENTS MODES D’APPRENTISSAGE TECHNOLOGIQUE," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 28, pages 61-85.
- Arvanitis, Rigas & M'HENNI, Hatem & Tsipouri, Lena, 2009. "Y a-t-il une gouvernance des systèmes d’innovation dans les pays d’Afrique du Nord et du Moyen-Orient? [Is there any NSI governance in MENA region]," MPRA Paper 27539, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Balcet Giovanni & Ruet Joël, 2011. "From Joint Ventures to National Champions or Global Players? Alliances and Technological Catching-up in Chinese and Indian Automotive Industries," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201109, University of Turin.
More about this item
KeywordsAsia; China; industrial development; technological learning; private enterprises; interactive learning; economic reform;
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:18553. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.