Use of households survey data to estimate the size of the informal economy in Romania
The study is focused on estimating the informal economy in Romania based on survey in households. Moreover, some specific dynamic models to simulate complicated types of household’s behaviour (regimes) relating to participation in informal economy are presented.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2003|
|Publication status:||Published in The Informal Economy in the EU Accession Countries. Size, Scope, Trends and Challenges to the Process of EU Enlargement (2003): pp. 199-212|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Friedrich Schneider & Dominik Enste, 1999.
"Shadow Economies Around the World - Size, Causes, and Consequences,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
196, CESifo Group Munich.
- Friedrich Schneider & Dominik Enste, 2000. "Shadow Economies Around the World; Size, Causes, and Consequences," IMF Working Papers 00/26, International Monetary Fund.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 1999.
"Macroeconomic adjustment with segmented labor markets,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 277-296, April.
- Pierre-Richard Agenor & Joshua Aizenman, 1994. "Macroeconomic Adjustment with Segmented Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 4769, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Aizenman & Pierre-Richard AgÃ©nor, 1994. "Macroeconomic Adjustment with Segmented Labor Markets," IMF Working Papers 94/56, International Monetary Fund.
- Byung Yeon Kim, 1997.
"Soviet Household Saving Function,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 181-203, May.
- Namkee Ahn & Sara La De Rica, 1997. "The underground economy in Spain: an alternative to unemployment?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(6), pages 733-743.
- Albu, Lucian Liviu & Kim, Byung Yeon & Duchene, Gerard, 2002.
"AN ATTEMPT TO ESTIMATE THE SIZE OF INFORMAL ECONOMY BASED ON HOUSEHOLD BEHAVIOUR MODELING (l),"
Journal for Economic Forecasting,
Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 17-24, March.
- Albu, Lucian-Liviu & Kim, Byung-Yeon & Duchene, Gerard, 2002. "An attempt to estimate the size of informal economy based on household behaviour modeling," MPRA Paper 13026, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yaniv, Gideon, 1994. "Tax Evasion and the Income Tax Rate: A Theoretical Reexamination," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 49(1), pages 107-112.
- Lemieux, Thomas & Fortin, Bernard & Frechette, Pierre, 1994. "The Effect of Taxes on Labor Supply in the Underground Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 231-254, March.
- Allingham, Michael G. & Sandmo, Agnar, 1972. "Income tax evasion: a theoretical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 323-338, November.
- Albu, Lucian Liviu, 2007. "Underground Economy And Fiscal Policies Modeling," Working Papers of Institute for Economic Forecasting 071202, Institute for Economic Forecasting.
- Gibson, Bill & Kelley, Bruce, 1994. "A Classical Theory of the Informal Sector," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 62(1), pages 81-96, March.
- Schneider, Friedrich & Neck, Reinhard, 1992. "The development of the shadow economy under changing tax systems and structures: Some theoretical and empirical results for Austria," Discussion Papers, Series II 195, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.