Abolishing school fees in Malawi: the impact on education access and equity
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Samer Al-Samarrai & Hassan Zaman, 2007. "Abolishing School Fees in Malawi: The Impact on Education Access and Equity," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 359-375.
References listed on IDEAS
- Castro-Leal, Florencia & Dayton, Julia & Demery, Lionel & Mehra, Kalpana, 1999. "Public Social Spending in Africa: Do the Poor Benefit?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 49-72, February.
- van de Walle, Dominique, 1998. "Assessing the welfare impacts of public spending," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 365-379, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Makate, Marshall & Makate, Clifton, 2016. "The causal effect of increased primary schooling on child mortality in Malawi: Universal primary education as a natural experiment," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 72-83.
- Adrienne M. Lucas & Isaac M. Mbiti, 2012.
"Access, Sorting, and Achievement: The Short-Run Effects of Free Primary Education in Kenya,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 226-253, October.
- Adrienne M. Lucas & Isaac M. Mbiti, 2012. "Access, Sorting and Achievement: the Short-Run Effects of Free Primary Education in Kenya," Working Papers 12-10, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:injoed:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:163-175 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jacobus de Hoop, 2010. "Selective Secondary Education and School Participation in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Malawi," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-041/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Sophia Chae, 2016. "Parental Divorce and Children’s Schooling in Rural Malawi," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(6), pages 1743-1770, December.
- Smith-Greenaway, Emily, 2015. "Are literacy skills associated with young adults' health in Africa? Evidence from Malawi," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 124-133.
- Essama-Nssah, B., 2008. "Assessing the redistributive effect of fiscal policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4592, The World Bank.
- Anurag Banerjee & Parantap Basu & Elisa Keller, 2016. "Business Cost and Skill Acquisition," CEGAP Working Papers 2016_01, Durham University Business School.
- Valente, Christine, 2015. "Primary Education Expansion and Quality of Schooling: Evidence from Tanzania," IZA Discussion Papers 9208, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Julia Behrman, 2015. "Does Schooling Affect Women’s Desired Fertility? Evidence From Malawi, Uganda, and Ethiopia," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(3), pages 787-809, June.
- Jingyi Huang & Yumei Guo & Yang Song, 2016. "Intergenerational transmission of education in China: Pattern, mechanism, and policies," Working Papers 415, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
More about this item
KeywordsMalawi; education; fee abolition; incidence analyis;
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2006-12-04 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2006-12-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2006-12-04 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2006-12-04 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2006-12-04 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2006-12-04 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .