Spatial Concentration of the Informal Small and Cottage Industry in Indonesia
This paper discusses the spatial concentration of the small and cottage industry without legal entity in Indonesia. The study period is 1998-2004 or a period after economic crisis which commonly known as the ‘era reformasi’ (reformation era). By employing the Herfindahl index, this study found an increase in the spatial concentration of the informal small and cottage industry during this period. It argues that reformation tend to increase the spatial concentration of the informal small and cottage industry. Beside the economic crisis that have suffered urban and Java areas, other possible explanation on the connection between trend of the concentration and the reformation is what commonly known as the cost of formality.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Suryadarma & Wenefrida Widyanti & Asep Suryahadi & Sudarno Sumarto, 2006. "From Access to Income : Regional and Ethnic Inequality in Indonesia," Development Economics Working Papers 22547, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Audretsch, David B & Keilbach, Max, 2005.
"Entrepreneurship Capital - Determinants and Impact,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4905, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David B. Audretsch & Max Keilbach, 2004. "Entrepreneurship Capital: Determinants and Impact," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-37, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Simon C Parker, .
"The Economics of Entrepreneurship: What We Know and What We Don't,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2005-18, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Parker, Simon C., 2005. "The Economics of Entrepreneurship: What We Know and What We Don't," Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship, now publishers, vol. 1(1), pages 1-54, May.
- Henderson, J Vernon & Kuncoro, Ari, 1996. "Industrial Centralization in Indonesia," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(3), pages 513-40, September.
- Albert Berry & Edgard Rodriguez & Henry Sandee, 2001. "Small And Medium Enterprise Dynamics In Indonesia," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 363-384.
- Friedrich Schneider & Robert Klinglmair, 2004.
"Shadow economies around the world: what do we know?,"
Economics working papers
2004-03, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Friedrich Schneider & Robert Klinglmair, 2004. "Shadow Economies Around the World: What Do We Know?," CREMA Working Paper Series 2004-03, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Schneider, Friedrich & Klinglmair, Robert, 2004. "Shadow Economies around the World: What Do We Know?," IZA Discussion Papers 1043, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Friedrich Schneider & Robert Klinglmair, 2004. "Shadow Economies around the World: What Do We Know?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1167, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fitria Fitrani & Bert Hofman & Kai Kaiser, 2005. "Unity in diversity? The creation of new local governments in a decentralising Indonesia," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(1), pages 57-79.
- Anna Wetterberg & Sudarno Sumarto & Lant Pritchett, 1999. "A National Snapshot of the Social Impact of Indonesia's Crisis," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 145-152.
- Hal HILL & Takashi SHIRAISHI, 2007. "Indonesia After the Asian Crisis," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 2(1), pages 123-141.
- Tulus Tambunan, 2007. "Entrepreneurship Development: Smes In Indonesia," Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (JDE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(01), pages 95-118.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:12622. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.