Modelling the pension system in an overlapping-generations general equilibrium modelling framework
This article presents a theoretical contribution to the field of overlapping-generations general equilibrium modelling, i.e. an upgrade of this branch of models with a pension system. Within the pension block we model both the first pension pillar, financed on a pay-as-you-go basis, and the fully-funded second pillar of the Slovenian pension system. The modelling of the first pension pillar is based on cash flows of the mandatory pension insurance institution, the relationship between the pension base and the pension, and the process of harmonising pension growth to wage growth. The modelling of the second pillar centres on implementation of the liquidity constraint. Use was made of supplementary pension profiles, and the ratio between premia paid and pensions paid out from supplementary pension insurance. The category of total pension was also introduced, and the model ensured that at every point households adjusted the scope of labour supply and their current consumption towards the target total pension.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Miroslav Verbic, 2007.
"Varying the Parameters of the Slovenian Pension System: an Analysis with an Overlapping-Generations General Equilibrium Model,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 449-470.
- Verbic, Miroslav, 2007. "Varying the parameters of the Slovenian pension system: an analysis with an overlapping-generations general equilibrium model," MPRA Paper 10349, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Rutherford, Thomas Fox & Wiegard, Wolfgang, 2003. "Computable general equilibrium analysis: Opening a black box," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-56, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Miroslav VerbiÄ & Boris Majcen & Renger Van Nieuwkoop, 2006.
"Sustainability of the Slovenian Pension System: An Analysis with an Overlapping-Generations General Equilibrium Model,"
Eastern European Economics,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 44(4), pages 60-81, August.
- Miroslav Verbič & Boris Majcen & Renger Van Nieuwkoop, 2006. "Sustainability of the Slovenian Pension System: An Analysis with an Overlapping-Generations General Equilibrium Model," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(4), pages 60-81, August.
- Miroslav Verbic & Boris Majcen & Renger van Nieuwkoop, 2005. "Sustainability of the Slovenian Pension System: An Analysis with an Overlapping-generations General Equilibrium Model," GE, Growth, Math methods 0507010, EconWPA.
- Modigliani, Franco, 1986.
"Life Cycle, Individual Thrift, and the Wealth of Nations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 297-313, June.
- Modigliani, Franco, 1985. "Life Cycle, Individual Thrift and the Wealth of Nations," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1985-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Aglietta, Michel & Chateau, Jean & Fayolle, Jacky & Juillard, Michel & Le Cacheux, Jacques & Le Garrec, Gilles & Touze, Vincent, 2007.
"Pension reforms in Europe: An investigation with a computable OLG world model,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 481-505, May.
- Michel Aglietta & Jean Chateau & Jacky Fayolle & Michel Juillard & Jacques Le Cacheux & Gilles Le Garrec & Vincent Touzé, 7/05. "Pension reforms in Europe: An investigation with a computable OLG world model," Post-Print halshs-00754230, HAL.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467-467.
- Rutherford, Thomas F., 1995. "Extension of GAMS for complementarity problems arising in applied economic analysis," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1299-1324, November.
- Ketil Hviding & Marcel Mérette, 1998. "Macroeconomic Effects of Pension Reforms in The Context of Ageing Populations: Overlapping Generations Model Simulations for Seven OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 201, OECD Publishing.
- Rasmussen, Tobias N. & Rutherford, Thomas F., 2004. "Modeling overlapping generations in a complementarity format," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1383-1409, April.
- Lassila, Jukka & Valkonen, Tarmo, 2007. "Longevity Adjustment of Pension Benefits," Discussion Papers 1073, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10350. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.