Unemployment benefits, the 'added worker effect' and income distribution in a monetary economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alvaro Angeriz & Philip Arestis, 2009. "The consensus view on interest rates and fiscal policy: reality or innocent fraud?," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 567-586, July.
- Alain Parguez & Jean-Gabriel Bliek, 2007. "Full Employment: Can It Be a Key Policy Objective for Europe?," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 24-46.
- Setterfield, Mark, 2007. "The rise, decline and rise of incomes policies in the US during the post-war era: an institutional-analytical explanation of inflation and the functional distribution of income," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 127-146, August.
- Hassan Bougrine & Mario Seccareccia, 1999. "Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment: An analysis of the aggregate demand-side effects for postwar Canada," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 5-21.
- Andrea Pacella, 2008. "The Effects Of Labour Market Flexibility In The Monetary Theory Of Production," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(4), pages 608-632, November.
- David A. Spencer, 2004. "Deconstructing The Labour Supply Curve," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 442-458, November.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345.
- Forges Davanzati, Guglielmo & Pacella, Andrea, 2008. "Minimum Wage, Credit Rationing and Unemployment in a Monetary Economy," European Journal of Economic and Social Systems, Lavoisier, vol. 21(2), pages 179-194.
- Edward Nell, 2002. "On Realizing Profits in Money," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 519-530.
- Eladio Febrero, 2008. "The Monetization of Profits in a Monetary Circuit Framework," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 111-125.
- Gennaro Zezza, 2004.
"Some Simple, Consistent Models of the Monetary Circuit,"
- Gennaro Zezza, 2004. "Some Simple, Consistent Models of the Monetary Circuit," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_405, Levy Economics Institute.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima & Mark Setterfield, 2010. "Pricing Behaviour and the Cost-Push Channel of Monetary Policy," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 19-40.
- Smith, Adam, 1977. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, number 9780226763743 edited by Cannan, Edwin, April.
- Riccardo Bellofiore & Guglielmo Forges Davanzati & Riccardo Realfonzo, 2000. "Marx Inside the Circuit: Discipline device, wage bargaining and unemployment in a sequential monetary economy," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 403-417.
- Lundberg, Shelly, 1985. "The Added Worker Effect," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(1), pages 11-37, January.
- Peter Docherty, 2005. "Money and Employment," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2578.
- Jerry Courvisanos & Anthony J. Laramie & Douglas Mair, 2009. "Tax policy and innovation: A search for common ground," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 271-287.
- Guglielmo Forges Davanzati & Andrea Pacella, 2010. "Emulation, indebtedness and income distribution: A monetary theory of production approach," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 7(1), pages 147-165.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary theory of production; wage bargaining; unemployment benefits;
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
- J50 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - General
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pke:wpaper:pkwp1402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jo Michell). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pksggea.html .