On Realizing Profits in Money
A basic if neglected step in monetary theory is to show that a given amount of money will enable all transactions to take place in money. But if the money advanced is no more than current costs, how are profits to be realized in money? The answer requires tracing the pattern of circulation, which, in turn depends on the structure of production and distribution. The sectors have different patterns of interdependence, so imply different sequences of transactions. Borrowing is costly, so the amount of money must be minimized. These issues have been brought into focus in the interesting article of J-F Renaud.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 14 (2002)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRPE20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CRPE20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hicks, J. R., 1979. "Critical Essays in Monetary Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284239, December.
- Edward J. Nell, 1967. "Wicksell's Theory of Circulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 386.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & Ross M. Starr, 1988.
"The Transactions Role of Money,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
505, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Nell,Edward J., 1998. "The General Theory of Transformational Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521590068, Junio.
- Jean-Francois Renaud, 2000. "The Problem of the Monetary Realization of Profits in a Post Keynesian Sequential Financing Model: Two solutions of the Kaleckian option," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 285-303.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:revpoe:v:14:y:2002:i:4:p:519-530. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.