Explaining the Aggregate Price Level with Keynes's Principle of Effective Demand
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jochen Hartwig, 2006. "Explaining the aggregate price level with Keynes's principle of effective demand," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 64(4), pages 469-492.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nell,Edward J., 1998. "The General Theory of Transformational Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521590068, March.
- Paul Davidson, 1994. "Post Keynesian Macroeconomic Theory," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 124, April.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1987. "Keynes with a Perfectly Competitive Goods Market," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(49), pages 275-293, December.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2004. "Beyond the Market Paradigm: on Keynes's Principle of Effective Demand, and on the Irrelevance of Rigidities for His Explanation of Involuntary Unemployment," History of Economic Ideas, Fabrizio Serra Editore, Pisa - Roma, vol. 12(1), pages 67-94.
- John King, 1993.
"Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis Since Keynes: A Partial History,"
1993.16, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- John King, 1993. "Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis Since Keynes: A Partial History," Working Papers 1993.16, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- A. P. Thirlwall & J. M. Keynes, 1999. "A “Second Edition” of Keynes’ General Theory," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(3), pages 367-386, March.
- Davidson, Paul, 1972. "Money and the Real World," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(325), pages 101-115, March.
- Palley, Thomas I, 1997. "Expected Aggregate Demand, the Production Period and the Keynesian Theory of Aggregate Supply," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(3), pages 295-309, June.
- E. Roy Weintraub, 1974. "Keynes' Employment Function," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 162-164, Summer.
- Skott,Peter, 2008. "Conflict and Effective Demand in Economic Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521066310, March.
- Claude Gnos, 2004. "Is ex-ante ex-post analysis irrelevant to Keynes's theory of employment?," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 335-345.
- Asimakopulos,A., 1991. "Keynes's General Theory and Accumulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521368155, March.
- Louis-Philippe Rochon, 1999. "Credit, Money and Production," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1565, April.
- Hicks, J. R., 1987. "Methods of Dynamic Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198772873.
- Gilbert Koenig, 1980. "Les fondements microéconomiques du principe de la demande effective," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 31(3), pages 430-464.
- Giuseppe Fontana, 2004. "Hicks on monetary theory and history: money as endogenous money," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 73-88, January.
- Casarosa, Carlo, 1981. "The Microfoundations of Keynes's Aggregate Supply and Expected Demand Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(361), pages 188-194, March.
- Douglas Vickers, 1987. "Aggregate Supply and the Producers’ Expected Demand Curve: Performance and Change in the Macroeconomy," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 84-104, September.
- Victoria Chick, 1983. "Macroeconomics after Keynes: A Reconsideration of the General Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262530457, January.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2004. "Keynes's multiplier in a two-sectoral framework," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 309-334.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2014. "Relative Movements of Real Wages and Output," KOF Working papers 14-355, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- M. G. Hayes, 2008. "Keynes's Z function: a reply to Hartwig and Brady," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(6), pages 1003-1003, November.
- repec:pke:wpaper:pkwp1211 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jochen Hartwig, 2009. "D and Z in ROPE," KOF Working papers 09-243, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
More about this item
KeywordsEffective demand; Multiplier; Post Keynesianism; D/Z-model; Reproduction schemes;
- B14 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Socialist; Marxist
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2006-01-24 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2006-01-24 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kof:wpskof:04-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/koethch.html .