Patinkin, the cowles commission, and the theory of unemployment and aggregate supply
“For a long period before the writing of the first edition [of Money, Interest and Prices] I had been puzzled by the apparent contradiction between the intuitive feeling, on one hand, that there was a connection between a firm’s product-output and its labor-input, and the traditional demand curve for labor, on the other hand, that did not depend explicitly on output and whose sole independent variable was the real wage rate.” (Patinkin, 1989, p. xvi)
|Date of creation:||Dec 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://www.uantwerp.be/en/faculties/applied-economic-sciences/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- E. Roy Weintraub, 1974. "Keynes' Employment Function," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 162-164, Summer.
- John King, 1993.
"Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis Since Keynes: A Partial History,"
1993.16, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Lawrence R. Klein, 1947. "Theories of Effective Demand and Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 108.
- Milton Friedman, 1971.
"A Theoretical Framework for Monetary Analysis,"
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie71-1, December.
- Asimakopulos, A, 1982. "Keynes' Theory of Effective Demand Revisited," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(38), pages 18-36, June.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1989.
" Keynesian Issues and Economic Theory,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(2), pages 265-93.
- Karl Ove Moene & Asbjorn Rodseth, 1991. "Nobel Laureate: Trygve Haavelmo," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(3), pages 175-192, Summer.
- Leeson, Robert, 1998. "The Early Patinkin—Friedman Correspondence," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 433-448, December.
- Casarosa, Carlo, 1981. "The Microfoundations of Keynes's Aggregate Supply and Expected Demand Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(361), pages 188-94, March.
- J. E. King, 1994. "Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis since Keynes: A Partial History," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 17(1), pages 3-31, October.
- Barro, Robert J & Grossman, Herschel I, 1971. "A General Disequilibrium Model of Income and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 82-93, March.
- Grossman, Herschel I., 1969. "Theories of markets without recontracting," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 476-479, December.
- Goulven Rubin, 2002. "From equilibrium to disequilibrium: the genesis of Don Patinkin's interpretation of the Keynesian theory," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 205-225.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1987. "Keynes with a Perfectly Competitive Goods Market," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(49), pages 275-93, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ant:wpaper:2001039. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joeri Nys)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.