The Ability to Adapt and Overcome Obstacles: Machinery Exports of Poland
From 1980-2009 the Polish economy experienced structural dislocation. The growth and success of the Solidarity movement represented the shift in manufacturing from Soviet bloc trade to membership in the European Union. This paper examines four independent metrics that measure the changing “sophistication” of trade patterns during this modal shift. The common theme underlying the analysis of these indices is that the Polish economy is resilient and adaptable. Poland is expected to compete effectively in its new economic environment after a period of adjustment and progress.
|Date of creation:||08 Feb 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://economics.sas.upenn.edu/pier
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sleuwaegen, Leo E & Dehandschutter, Wim V, 1986. "The Critical Choice between the Concentration Ratio and the H-Index in Assessing Industry Performance," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 193-208, December.
- Mitchell Kellman & Yochanan Shachmurove, 2011. "Diversification and Specialization Paradox in Developing Country Trade," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 212-222, 05.
- Grubel, Herbert G & Lloyd, P J, 1971. "The Empirical Measurement of Intra- Industry Trade," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 47(120), pages 494-517, December.
- Kravis, Irving B & Lipsey, Robert E, 1982.
"Prices and Market Shares in the International Machinery Trade,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 64(1), pages 110-16, February.
- Irving B. Kravis & Robert E. Lipsey & Dennis M. Bushe, 1980. "Prices and Market Shares in the International Machinery Trade," NBER Working Papers 0521, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Irving B. Kravis & Robert E. Lipsey, 1971. "Price Competitiveness in World Trade," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number krav71-1, August.
- Lionel Fontagné & Michael Freudenberg & Guillaume Gaulier, 2006. "A Systematic Decomposition of World Trade into Horizontal and Vertical IIT," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 142(3), pages 459-475, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pen:papers:12-004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dolly Guarini)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.