The Hong Kong Declaration and Agriculture: Implications for Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Uttam Kumar Deb & Narayan Chandra Das, 2006. "The Hong Kong Declaration and Agriculture - Implications for Bangladesh," Trade Working Papers 22287, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sombilla, M. & Hossain, M. & Hardy, B., 2002.
"Developments in the Asian Rice Economy,"
International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), number 281821.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Zainalabidin Mohamed & Rika Terano & Mad Nasir Shamsudin & Ismail Abd Latif, 2016. "Paddy Farmers’ Sustainability Practices in Granary Areas in Malaysia," Resources, MDPI, vol. 5(2), pages 1-11, April.
- Li, Jiming & Xin, Yeyun & Yuan, Longping, 2009. "Hybrid rice technology development: Ensuring China's food security," IFPRI discussion papers 918, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mahabub Hossain & Muazzam Husain & S.K Datta, 2004. "Rice Biotechnology: Opportunity, Perceived Risks and Potential Benefits to Bangladesh," CPD Working Paper 37, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
- Jessica Leight, 2016. "Grain into Gold? The Impact of Agricultural Income Shocks on Rural Chinese Households," Department of Economics Working Papers 2016-13, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Mahabub Hossain & Uttam Kumar Deb, 2003. "Trade Liberalisation and the Crop Sector in Bangladesh," CPD Working Paper 23, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
- Belesky, Paul, 2016. "Rice, politics and power: the political economy of food insecurity in East Asia," Thesis Commons hn264, Center for Open Science.
- Bouman, Bas A. M. & Barker, Randolph & Humphreys, E. & Tuong, T. P. & Atlin, G. & Bennett, John & Dawe, D. & Dittert, K. & Dobermann, A. & Facon, Thierry & Fujimoto, N. & Gupta, R. & Haefele, S. & Hos, 2007.
"Rice: feeding the billions,"
International Water Management Institute.
- Bouman, B. & Barker, R. & Humphreys, E. & Tuong, T. P. & Atlin, G. & Bennett, J. & Dawe, D. & Dittert, K. & Dobermann, A. & Facon, T. & Fujimoto, N. & Gupta, R. & Haefele, S. & Hosen, Y. & Ismail, A. , 2007. "Rice: feeding the billions," IWMI Books, Reports H040206, International Water Management Institute.
- Singh, Joginder & Sidhu, R.S., 2006. "Accounting for Impact of Environmental Degradation in Agriculture of Indian Punjab," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 19(Conferenc).
- Uttam Kumar Deb & Mahabub Hossain & Steve Jones, 2011. "Rethinking Food Security Strategy: Self-sufficiency or Self-reliance," Working Papers id:3458, eSocialSciences.
- Van Kien Nguyen & David Dumaresq & Jamie Pittock, 2018. "Impacts of rice intensification on rural households in the Mekong Delta: emerging relationships between agricultural production, wild food supply and food consumption," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 10(6), pages 1615-1629, December.
- Hossain, Mahabub, 2006. "Technological Progress for Sustaining Food-Population Balance: Achievement and Challenges," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25316, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Pandey, Sushil & Bhandari, Humnath & Ding, Shijun & Prapertchob, Preeda & Sharan, Ramesh & Naik, Dibakar & Taunk, Sudhir K. & Sastri, Asras, 2006. "Coping with Drought in Rice Farming in Asia: Insights from a Cross-Country Comparative Study," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25553, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Islam, Mohammad Ariful & Sarkar, Md. Abdur Rouf & Rahman, Mohammad Chhiddikur & Rahaman, Md. Shajedur, 2021. "Assessing the Level of Comparative Advantage for the Boro Rice Production in Bangladesh: A Time Series Analysis," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 361-370.
- Okumu, Luke & Nyankori, James Cyprian Okuk, 2010. "Non-tariff barriers in EAC customs union: implications for trade between Uganda and other EAC countries," Research Series 113621, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Pampanini, Rossella & Marchini, Andrea & Diotallevi, Francesco, 2010. "A quantitative analysis of olive oil market in Italy," MPRA Paper 40638, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rakhi Singh & Seema Sharma & Deepak Tandon, 2018. "Non-Tariff Measures in Indian Context and the European Union," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 10(9), pages 1-54, September.
- Waleerat Suphannachart, 2013. "Total Factor Productivity of Main and Second Rice Production in Thailand," Applied Economics Journal, Kasetsart University, Faculty of Economics, Center for Applied Economic Research, vol. 20(1), pages 1-22, June.
- Uttam Kumar Deb, 2007. "Non-tariff barriers in agricultural trade - Perspectives from Bangladesh and Cambodia," STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT, in: Studies in Trade and Investment - AGRICULTURAL TRADE - PLANTING THE SEEDS OF REGIONAL LIBERALIZATION IN ASIA, volume 60, pages 225-294 p, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Ahmad, Alia & Isvilanonda, Somporn, 2003. "Rural Poverty and Agricultural Diversification in Thailand," Working Papers 2003:19, Lund University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsAgriculture; WTO; Hong Kong Ministerial; Bangladesh;
All these keywords.
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2006-12-01 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-CWA-2006-12-01 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-INT-2006-12-01 (International Trade)
- NEP-SEA-2006-12-01 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pdb:opaper:60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cpdddbd.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Avra Bhattacharjee (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cpdddbd.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.