Investments in Water Networks: A Normative Analysis of Local Public Utilities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bajari, Patrick & Tadelis, Steven, 2001.
"Incentives versus Transaction Costs: A Theory of Procurement Contracts,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(3), pages 387-407, Autumn.
- Patrick Bajari & Steven Tadelis, 1999. "Incentives versus Transaction Costs: A Theory of Procurement Contracts," Working Papers 99029, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Jasper M. Dalhuisen & Raymond J. G. M. Florax & JHenri L. F. de Groot & Peter Nijkamp, 2003. "Price and Income Elasticities of Residential Water Demand: A Meta-Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 79(2), pages 292-308.
- Joulfaian, David & Marlow, Michael L., 1991. "The relationship between on-budget and off-budget government," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 307-310, March.
- Giuseppe Grossi & Christoph Reichard, 2008. "Municipal corporatization in Germany and Italy," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(5), pages 597-617, September.
- Oliver Hart & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1997.
"The Proper Scope of Government: Theory and an Application to Prisons,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1127-1161.
- Oliver Hart & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "The Proper Scope of Government: Theory and an Application to Prisons," NBER Working Papers 5744, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oliver Hart & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1996. "The Proper Scope of Government: Theory and an Application to Prisons," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1778, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- David Hall & Emanuele Lobina & Philipp Terhorst, 2013. "Re-municipalisation in the early twenty-first century: water in France and energy in Germany," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(2), pages 193-214, March.
- Abbott, Malcolm & Cohen, Bruce, 2009. "Productivity and efficiency in the water industry," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3-4), pages 233-244, September.
- Yossef Spiegel & Daniel F. Spulber, 1994. "The Capital Structure of a Regulated Firm," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(3), pages 424-440, Autumn.
- Mark Armstrong & Simon Cowan & John Vickers, 1994. "Regulatory Reform: Economic Analysis and British Experience," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262510790.
- G. Bognetti & L. Robotti, 2007. "The Provision Of Local Public Services Through Mixed Enterprises: The Italian Case," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(3), pages 415-437, September.
- Perotti, Enrico C, 1995. "Credible Privatization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 847-859, September.
- Dore, Mohammed H. I. & Kushner, Joseph & Zumer, Klemen, 2004. "Privatization of water in the UK and France--What can we learn?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 41-50, March.
- James Bennett & Thomas Dilorenzo, 1982. "Off-budget activities of local government: The bane of the tax revolt," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 333-342, January.
- Wallsten, Scott & Kosec, Katrina, 2008. "The effects of ownership and benchmark competition: An empirical analysis of U.S. water systems," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 186-205, January.
- David Martimort & Wilfried Sand‐Zantman, 2006.
"Signalling and the design of delegated management contracts for public utilities,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 37(4), pages 763-782, December.
- Wilfried Sand-Zantman & David Martimort, 2006. "Signaling and the Design of Delegated Management Contracts for Public Utilities," Post-Print hal-00173938, HAL.
- Snow, Arthur & Warren, Ronald Jr., 1996. "The marginal welfare cost of public funds: Theory and estimates," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 289-305, August.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro, 1998. "Partial privatization in mixed duopoly," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 473-483, December.
- Serge Garcia & Alban Thomas, 2003. "Regulation of Public Utilities under Asymmetric Information," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 26(1), pages 145-162, September.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30727607 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carlo Cambini & Laura Rondi, 2010. "Incentive regulation and investment: evidence from European energy utilities," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 1-26, August.
More about this item
Keywordsprice-cap regulation; mixed firms; partial privatization; water networks; inelastic demand; natural monopoly;
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
- L32 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Enterprises; Public-Private Enterprises
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENV-2015-03-22 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-NET-2015-03-22 (Network Economics)
- NEP-REG-2015-03-22 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pav:demwpp:demwp0098. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alice Albonico) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Alice Albonico to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dppavit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.