The Management of Events in the Veneto Performing Music Cluster: Bridging Latent and Permanent Organisations
The paper aims to provide some empirical evidence to strengthen the debate around the project-based organisation, which tends to qualifies the latter as the dominant organising form among the creative industries. Our focus is the performing music industry. We recur to an unique database we have built on the basis of data provided by ENPALS (Ente Nazionale di Previdenza e di Assistenza per i Lavoratori dello Spettacolo) in Rome (Italy), which collects the pension contributions for the workers of performing arts among all Italian public and private organisations. The output of our descriptive analysis confirms that the project based organisations, that in our case of the performing music regard primarily the event management, are the most diffuse form in this field. Moreover, our research gives some interesting hints on the characteristics of the performing music labour force, asserting the project based workers as the category that includes the majority of workers in the industry.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: via del Santo, 33 - 35122 Padova|
Phone: +39 +49 8274210
Fax: +39 +49 827.4211
Web page: http://www.decon.unipd.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gernot Grabher, 2001. "Locating economic action: projects, networks, localities, institutions," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(8), pages 1329-1331, August.
- Henry Hansmann, 1981. "Nonprofit Enterprise in the Performing Arts," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 341-361, Autumn.
- Storper, Michael, 1989. "The Transition to Flexible Specialisation in the U.S. Film Industry: External Economies, the Division of Labour, and the Crossing of Industrial Divides," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 273-305, June.
- Allen Scott, 2002. "A new map of Hollywood: the production and distribution of American motion pictures," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 957-975.
- repec:pri:cpanda:wp21%20-%20tepper is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pad:wpaper:0028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Raffaele Dei Campielisi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.