The Transition to Flexible Specialisation in the U.S. Film Industry: External Economies, the Division of Labour, and the Crossing of Industrial Divides
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973.
- Peck, Jamie, 2012. "Constructions of Neoliberal Reason," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199662081, June.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30728041 is not listed on IDEAS
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Donald Brean & Lawrence Kryzanowski & Gordon Roberts, 2011. "Canada and the United States: Different roots, different routes to financial sector regulation," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(2), pages 249-269.
- La Porta, Rafael & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1997.
" Legal Determinants of External Finance,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(3), pages 1131-1150, July.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, "undated". "Legal Determinants of External Finance," Working Paper 19443, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1997. "Legal Determinants of External Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1788, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1997. "Legal Determinants of External Finance," NBER Working Papers 5879, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- RAFAEL LaPORTA & FLORENCIO LOPEZ-de-SILANES & ANDREI SHLEIFER & ROBERT W. VISHNY, "undated". "Legal Determinants of External Finance,"," CRSP working papers 324, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Steve Keen, 2009. "Household Debt: The Final Stage in an Artificially Extended Ponzi Bubble," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 42(3), pages 347-357.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Quiggin, John, 1998. "Social Democracy and Market Reform in Australia and New Zealand," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 76-95, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dinlersoz, Emin & Greenwood, Jeremy, 2016.
"The rise and fall of unions in the United States,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 129-146.
- Emin Dinlersoz & Jeremy Greenwood, 2012. "The Rise and Fall of Unions in the United States," Economie d'Avant Garde Research Reports 19, Economie d'Avant Garde.
- Emin Dinlersoz & Jeremy Greenwood, 2016. "The Rise and Fall of Unions in the United States," RCER Working Papers 596, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- repec:eee:respol:v:46:y:2017:i:8:p:1399-1415 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter Leisink, 2000. "Multimedia Industry Networks and Regional Economic Development Policies: The Case of the Netherlands," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 69(4), pages 574-586.
- Ruth Towse, 2011. "Creative Industries," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 17 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Steven Albert, 1998. "Movie Stars and the Distribution of Financially Successful Films in the Motion Picture Industry," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 22(4), pages 249-270, December.
- Antonio Fonfria & Isabel Alvarez & Raquel Marin, "undated".
"The Role of Networking in the Competitiveness Profile of Spanish Firms,"
- Isabel Álvarez & Antonio Fonfría Mesa & Raquel Marín, 2005. "The role of networking in the competitiveness profile of Spanish firms," Working Papers del Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales 0504, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales.
- Grillitsch, Markus, 2017. "Transformation Capacity of the Innovative Entrepreneur: On the interplay between social structure and agency," Papers in Innovation Studies 2017/2, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Santagata Walter, 2002. "Cultural districts, property rights and sustainable economic growth," EBLA Working Papers 200201, University of Turin.
- Fiorenza Belussi & Silvia Rita Sedita, 2006. "The Management of Events in the Veneto Performing Music Cluster: Bridging Latent and Permanent Organisations," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0028, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Xavier Castañer & Lorenzo Campos, 2002. "The Determinants of Artistic Innovation: Bringing in the Role of Organizations," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 26(1), pages 29-52, February.
- Scott, Allen J., 2002. "A new map of Hollywood and the world," ERSA conference papers ersa02p521, European Regional Science Association.
- Björn Frank, 2008.
"Location decisions in a changing labour market environment,"
Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft,
Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 28(1), pages 31-42, February.
- Björn Frank, 2003. "Location Decisions in a Changing Labour Market Environment," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 380, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Joris Ebbers & Nachoem Wijnberg, 2012. "The effects of having more than one good reputation on distributor investments in the film industry," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 36(3), pages 227-248, August.
- Lombardi, Mauro, 2003. "The evolution of local production systems: the emergence of the "invisible mind" and the evolutionary pressures towards more visible "minds"," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1443-1462, September.
- Vicente Donoso & Victor Martín Barroso, 2004. "Exportaciones y crecimiento económico: El caso de España," Working Papers del Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales 0405, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales.
- Benner, Maximilian, 2009. "What do we know about clusters? In search of effective cluster policies," MPRA Paper 43848, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- Walter Santagata, 2002. "Cultural districts, property rights, and sustainable economic growth," Others 0210004, EconWPA.
- Jurgen Essletzbichler, 2003. "From Mass Production to Flexible Specialization: The Sectoral and Geographical Extent of Contract Work in US Manufacturing, 1963-1997," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(8), pages 753-771.
- Peter B. Doeringer & Pacey Foster & Stephan Manning & David Terkla, 2013. "Project-based industries and craft-like production: structure, location and performance," Chapters,in: Handbook of Industry Studies and Economic Geography, chapter 4, pages 99-151 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:cambje:v:13:y:1989:i:2:p:273-305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/cje .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.