Efficient Economic and Environmental Policies Combining Multicriteria Techniques and General Equilibrium Modelling
In this paper we propose an analytical approach to obtain so-called efficient policies in terms of environmental and economic objectives. A policy is said to be efficient if any environmental or economic achievement is obtained with the minimum possible detriment to other relevant objectives. We apply this concept obtain the minimum possible environmental impact for a given growth rate or, symmetrically, the maximum economic growth for a given amount of polluting emissions. We present an application to Spanish economy with 2000 data using a Computable General Equilibrium model. We evaluate the efficiency of the observed policy and give some policy recommendations. Finally, we give an idea about how to enlarge the analysis by including additional objectives.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: + 34 954 34 8913
Fax: + 34 954 34 9339
Web page: http://www.upo.es/econ/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francisco J. André & M. Alejandro Cardenete Flores, 2006. "Designing Efficient Policies in a Regional Economy. A MCDM-CGE Approach," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2006/03, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Francisco J. André & M. Alejandro Cardenete & Esther Velázquez Alonso, 2004.
"Performing an Environmental Tax Reform in a Regional Economy. A Computable General Equilibrium Approach,"
Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces
E2004/04, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Francisco André & M. Cardenete & Esther Velázquez, 2005. "Performing an environmental tax reform in a regional economy. A computable general equilibrium approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 375-392, 06.
- Francisco J. AndrÃ© & M. Alejandro Cardenete, 2004. "Performing an Environmental Tax Reform in a Regional Economy: A Computable General Equilibrium Approach," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 115, Society for Computational Economics.
- Gerald W. Evans, 1984. "An Overview of Techniques for Solving Multiobjective Mathematical Programs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(11), pages 1268-1282, November.
- André, Francisco J. & Cardenete, M. Alejandro, 2009. "Defining efficient policies in a general equilibrium model: a multi-objective approach," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 192-200, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pab:wpaper:09.08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publicación Digital - UPO)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.