A Simple Model of Housing Rental and Ownership with Policy Simulations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Andrew Coleman & Grant Scobie, 2009. "A Simple Model of Housing Rental and Ownership with Policy Simulations," Working Papers 09_08, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arthur Grimes & Andrew Aitken, 2004.
"What's the Beef with House Prices? Economic Shocks and Local Housing Markets,"
04_08, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Arthur Grimes & Andrew Aitken, 2005. "What’s the Beef with House Prices? Economic Shocks and Local Housing Markets," Urban/Regional 0509011, EconWPA.
- Min Hwang & John Quigley, 2010.
"Housing Price Dynamics in Time and Space: Predictability, Liquidity and Investor Returns,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 3-23, July.
- Hwang, Min & Quigley, John M., 2010. "Housing Price Dynamics in Time and Space: Predictability, Liquidity and Investor Returns," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt41k6c76w, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Donald R. Haurin & Patric H. Hendershott & Susan M. Wachter, 1996. "Borrowing Constraints and the Tenure Choice of Young Households," NBER Working Papers 5630, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Coleman & John Landon-Lane, 2007. "Housing Markets and Migration in New Zealand, 1962-2006," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2007/12, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Borsch-Supan, Axel, 1986. "Household formation, housing prices, and public policy impacts," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 145-164, July.
- Geoffrey Meen & Mark Andrew, 2008. "Planning for housing in the post-Barker era: affordability, household formation, and tenure choice," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 79-98, spring.
- Nathalie Girouard & Mike Kennedy & Christophe André, 2006. "Has the Rise in Debt Made Households More Vulnerable?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 535, OECD Publishing.
- Arthur Grimes & Andrew Aitken, 2006. "Housing Supply and Price Adjustment," Working Papers 06_01, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Mark van Zijll de Jong & Grant M. Scobie, 2006. "Housing: An Analysis of Ownership and Investment Based on the Household Savings Survey," Treasury Working Paper Series 06/07, New Zealand Treasury.
- Peter Abelson & Roselyn Joyeux, 2007. "Price And Efficiency Effects Of Taxes And Subsidies For Australian Housing," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 26(2), pages 147-169, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew Coleman, 2010. "The long-term effects of capital gains taxes in New Zealand," New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(2), pages 159-177.
- Arthur Grimes & Sean Hyland & Andrew Coleman & James Kerr & Alex Collier, 2013. "A New Zealand Regional Housing Model," Working Papers 13_02, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
More about this item
KeywordsHousing markets; New Zealand; rental and owner-occupancy; elasticities; rents; house prices; policy simulations;
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
- R38 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nzt:nztwps:09/05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Web and Publishing Team, The Treasury). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tregvnz.html .