Has the Rise in Debt Made Households More Vulnerable?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thorvardur Tjörvi Ólafsson & Karen Á. Vignisdóttir, 2012. "Households’ position in the financial crisis in Iceland. Analysis based on a nationwide household-level database," Economics wp59, Department of Economics, Central bank of Iceland.
- Alena Bicakova & Zuzana Prelcova & Renata Pasalicova, 2010. "Who Borrows and Who May Not Repay?," Working Papers 2010/10, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2012. "Financialization," Chapters,in: Handbook of Critical Issues in Finance, chapter 17, pages i-ii Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:clr:wugarc:y:2011:v:37i:3p:378 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Coleman & Grant Scobie, 2009.
"A Simple Model of Housing Rental and Ownership with Policy Simulations,"
09_08, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Andrew Coleman & Grant M. Scobie, 2009. "A Simple Model of Housing Rental and Ownership with Policy Simulations," Treasury Working Paper Series 09/05, New Zealand Treasury.
- Hein, Eckhard, 2012.
"Finance-dominated capitalism, re-distribution and the financial and economic crises: A European perspective,"
IPE Working Papers
14/2012, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Hein, Eckhard, 2012. "Finance-dominated capitalism, re-distribution and the financial and economic crises - a European perspective," MPRA Paper 35903, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zuzana Brixiova & Laura Vartia & Andreas Woergoetter, 2009.
"Capital Inflows, Household Debt And The Boom Bust Cycle In Estonia,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp965, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Zuzana Brixiova & Laura Vartia & Andreas Wörgötter, 2009. "Capital Inflows, Household Debt and the Boom-bust Cycle in Estonia," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 700, OECD Publishing.
- Hein, Eckhard, 2011.
"Distribution, ‘Financialisation’ and the Financial and Economic Crisis – Implications for Post-crisis Economic Policies,"
31180, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hein, Eckhard, 2011. "Distribution, 'financialisation' and the financial and economic crisis: Implications for post-crisis economic policies," IPE Working Papers 09/2011, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Engelbert Stockhammer & Rafael Wildauer, 2016.
"Debt-driven growth? Wealth, distribution and demand in OECD countries,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 40(6), pages 1609-1634.
- Stockhammer, Engelbert & Wildauer, Rafael, 2015. "Debt-driven growth? Wealth, distribution and demand in OECD countries," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 18278, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Stockhammer, Engelbert & Wildauer, Rafael, 2015. "Debt-driven growth? Wealth, distribution and demand in OECD countries," Economics Discussion Papers 2015-2, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Engelbert Stockhammer & Rafael Wildauer, 2015. "Debt-driven growth? Wealth, distribution and demand in OECD countries," Working Papers PKWP1503, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- Christophe André, 2010. "A Bird's Eye View of OECD Housing Markets," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 746, OECD Publishing.
- John N. Muellbauer, 2007. "Housing, credit and consumer expenditure," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 267-334.
- Kukk, Merike, 2016.
"How did household indebtedness hamper consumption during the recession? Evidence from micro data,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 764-786.
- Merike Kukk, 2014. "How Did Household Indebtedness Hamper Consumption during the Recession? Evidence from Micro Data," TUT Economic Research Series 14, Department of Finance and Economics, Tallinn University of Technology.
- Merike Kukk, 2015. "How Did Household Indebtedness Hamper Consumption during the Recession? Evidence from Micro Data," a/ Working Papers Series 1505, Italian Association for the Study of Economic Asymmetries, Rome (Italy).
- Katherine Henderson & Grant M. Scobie, 2009. "Household Debt in New Zealand," Treasury Working Paper Series 09/03, New Zealand Treasury.
- Atalay, Kadir & Whelan, Stephen & Yates, Judith, 2013. "Housing Wealth and Household Consumption: New Evidence from Australia and Canada," Working Papers 2013-04, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Christine Whitehead, 2012. "Discussion of Property Market Cycles as Paths to Financial Distress," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Alexandra Heath & Frank Packer & Callan Windsor (ed.), Property Markets and Financial Stability Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Jörg Bibow, 2010. "Alternative Strategien der Budgetkonsolidierung in Österreich nach der Rezession," IMK Studies 03-2010, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Merike Kukk, 2014.
"Distinguishing the Components of Household Financial Wealth: the Impact of Liabilities on Assets in Euro Area Countries,"
Proceedings of International Academic Conferences
0100418, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Merike Kukk, 2014. "Distinguishing the components of household financial wealth: the impact of liabilities on assets in Euro Area countries," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2014-2, Bank of Estonia, revised 10 Oct 2014.
- Nikolay Hristov & Oliver Hülsewig & Timo Wollmershäuser, 2014.
"Financial Frictions and Inflation Differentials in a Monetary Union,"
University of Manchester, vol. 82(5), pages 549-595, September.
- Nikolay Hristov & Oliver Hülsewig & Timo Wollmershäuser, 2010. "Financial Frictions and Inflation Differentials in a Monetary Union," CESifo Working Paper Series 3235, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hristov, Nikolay & Hülsewig, Oliver & Wollmershäuser, Timo, 2013. "Financial Frictions and Inflation Differentials in a Monetary Union," Munich Reprints in Economics 19365, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2010. "Financialization and the Global Economy," Working Papers wp240, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Alan Walks, 2014. "From Financialization to Sociospatial Polarization of the City? Evidence from Canada," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 90(1), pages 33-66, January.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2011. "Polarisierung der Einkommensverteilung als strukturelle Ursache der gegenwärtigen Finanz- und Wirtschaftskrise," Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft - WuG, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik, vol. 37(3), pages 378-402.
- Christian Beer & Martin Schürz, 2007. "Characteristics of Household Debt in Austria," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 2, pages 58-79.
- Eckhard Hein, 2013.
"The crisis of finance-dominated capitalism in the euro area, deficiencies in the economic policy architecture, and deflationary stagnation policies,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 325-354.
- Eckhard Hein, 2012. "The Crisis of Finance-dominated Capitalism in the Euro Area: Deficiencies in the Economic Policy Architecture and Deflationary Stagnation Policies," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_734, Levy Economics Institute.
- Nicolas Albacete & Pirmin Fessler & Martin Schürz, 2012. "Risk Buffer Profiles of Foreign Currency Mortgage Holders," Financial Stability Report, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 23, pages 58-71.
- Michael Ball, 2010. "Critical Commentary. Cities and Housing Markets: Changes and Continuities in the Aftermath of the 2007â€”08 World Financial Crisis," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 47(5), pages 931-944, May.
More about this item
Keywordsactifs des ménages; endettement des ménages; household assets; household debt; housing market; marché des logements;
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2007-01-02 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2007-01-02 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:ecoaaa:535-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edoecfr.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .