Case-Based Knowledge and Planning
"Case-Based Decision Theory" is a theory of decision making under uncertainty, suggesting that people tend to choose acts that performed well in similar cases they recall. The theory has been developed from a decision-/game-/economic-theoretical point of view, as a potential alternative to expected utility theory. In this paper we attempt to re-consider CBDT as a theory of knowledge representation and of planning, to contrast it with the rule-based approach, and to study its implications regarding the process of induction.
|Date of creation:||Apr 1995|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science, Northwestern University, 580 Jacobs Center, 2001 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60208-2014|
Web page: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/research/math/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Schmeidler, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
7662, David K. Levine.
- Schmeidler, David, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-87, May.
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 1996.
"Act similarity in case-based decision theory (*),"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 9(1), pages 47-62.
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 1994. "Act-Similarity in Case-Based Decision Theory," Discussion Papers 1081, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 1997. "Act Similarity in Case-Based Decision Theory," Post-Print hal-00753126, HAL.
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 1995.
"Case-Based Decision Theory,"
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Schmeidler, David, 1996.
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-26, July.
- Itzhak Gilboa, 1994.
"Philosophical Applications of Kolmogorov's Complexity Measure,"
- Itzhak Gilboa, 1990. "Philosophical Applications of Kolmogorov's Complexity Measure," Discussion Papers 923, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nwu:cmsems:1127. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fran Walker)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.