Wild salmon fishing:Harvesting the old or young?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Kulmala, Soile & Laukkanen, Marita & Michielsens, Catherine, 2008.
"Reconciling economic and biological modeling of migratory fish stocks: Optimal management of the Atlantic salmon fishery in the Baltic Sea,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 716-728, February.
- Kulmala, Soile & Laukkanen, Marita & Michielsens, Catherine, 2006. "Reconciling Economic and Biological Modeling of Migratory Fish Stocks:Optimal Management of the Atlantic Salmon Fishery in the Baltic Sea," Discussion Papers 11857, MTT Agrifood Research Finland.
- Quaas, Martin F. & Requate, Till & Ruckes, Kirsten & Skonhoft, Anders & Vestergaard, Niels & Voss, Rudi, 2013. "Incentives for optimal management of age-structured fish populations," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 113-134.
- Anders Skonhoft & Niels Vestergaard & Martin Quaas, 2012. "Optimal Harvest in an Age Structured Model with Different Fishing Selectivity," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 51(4), pages 525-544, April.
- McConnell, Kenneth E. & Sutinen, Jon G., 1979. "Bioeconomic models of marine recreational fishing," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 127-139, June.
- Naevdal, Eric & Olaussen, Jon Olaf & Skonhoft, Anders, 2012. "A bioeconomic model of trophy hunting," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 194-205.
- Diekert, Florian K. & Hjermann, Dag Ø. & Nævdal, Eric & Stenseth, Nils Chr., 2010. "Non-cooperative exploitation of multi-cohort fisheries--The role of gear selectivity in the North-East Arctic cod fishery," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 78-92, January.
- Tahvonen, Olli, 2009. "Economics of harvesting age-structured fish populations," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 281-299, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kanik, Zafer & Kucuksenel, Serkan, 2016. "Quota implementation of the maximum sustainable yield for age-structured fisheries," MPRA Paper 70535, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsSalmon fishery; age classes; maximum economic yield;
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-29 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nst:samfok:15513. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilde Saxi Gildberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isontno.html .